Chapter 8

A/N: Long chapter, but with LOTS of smut ;) You've been warned.

Serene

The dinner date was amazing. Mick is such an interesting soul. He is such a hard worker, so passionate, involved in so many things. He's honestly a catch and I'm lucky he's taken an interest in me. We spent time getting to know each other and I let him in on my passion for reading.

I probably read twenty to thirty books a month. I was always a smart kid in college, but after what was happening in my personal life, it was hard to get back into it.

He was impressed I knew so much about his own world, considering the last couple of months I was drowning in financial literacy books. Off the cuff he even mentioned I could try working at his investment firm to see if I had any ideas into what other ventures they should participate in. I loved that he took my knowledge seriously and I promised I would think about that opportunity.

I bring my mind back to the present. We're in the car, heading over to his place, and I feel nervous, good-nervous. The date was so pleasant, so calming, that when he asked me if I wanted to head over to his apartment, I wasn't even that hesitant. After Brian, it had been three years since I went on a date, or even to another guy's apartment. I knew I may be moving too fast with Micky in particular, but in my own life, it's been three years since I gave a guy a chance so I bit the bullet and said yes.

We reach our destination as he opens the door and we head up to the top floor. This splendid view will never get old.

"Wine?" He asks me. I nod in agreement as he pours me a glass.

"I have some XL shirts that you can borrow to sleep in, if you want to change and be more comfortable. I'm going to put on some sweats.

"XL?" I ask. Micky doesn't look like the type of guy to have ever been overweight.

He chuckles before responding, "No, some of my fights get a little...rough. My mobility gets impacted and my body is sore so I need lose-fitted clothing to pull on and off during those days."

He looks nervous at his admission, but I smile back, assuring him it's fine. I know he's a fighter, but it's that side of him that saved my father and it's that side of him that is helping me train to defend myself.

He hands me the shirt which is large and goes almost to my knees, effectively covering me. After I change, I head back to the living room and see him in a pair of sweatpants, shirtless of course, and I already feel the drool forming in my mouth as I swallow it back.

"What are we watching?"

I think hard about his question..."oh..how about the Little Mermaid?"

He pauses, "I love that one!" he states before I fall over in a fit of giggles.

"I'm kidding! But I do love Disney movies" I smile at him before I hear his response, "Well I wasn't kidding" he playfully replies, making me smile hard looking at him.

We end up picking a close second, Aquaman the movie with Jason Momoa as the lead, which I heard was actually really good and it does not disappoint. I move to sit next to him, leaning my head on his shoulder, his warmth comforting me. The news of what the police officer still haunts my mind, as I drink some of the wine to ease my nerves, not wanting to think about the fact that Brian and Josh are close to me again.

I do want to get Micky's opinion on what to do. He's probably dealt with situations like these already given his defense class trainees and his MC cases and frankly, I won't lie and say I don't need help. I need to be prepared.

I shift slightly and look up, noticing Micky already staring at me as I slowly lift my face towards him. He takes the hint and meets me halfway, bringing me in for a kiss.