Chapter TWENTY-THREE

Start from the beginning

James is standing with his back to me with her. Her being that slut Brittany. She is rubbing her hands against his chest and he's just fucking standing there letting her. He grabs one of her wrist and says something to her. I can't hear them because my heart is beating too fast and my blood is rushing through my ears muting everything.

Brittany looks up at him with lust filled eyes. I concentrate and listen hard. This can't be what it seems.

"Course baby lets go finish what we started" Brittany's voice reaches my ears. She starts dragging James off into the woods looking back every so often licking her lips and eye-fucking him.

Baby?!?

Finish Fucking What!?!

My rage starts to grow being fueled by all my intense emotions complicated by my Heat.
That Slut.

That Cheater.

I'm going to kill them both. I let out a vicious growl and start to shake violently. I can tell I'm on the verge of shifting but I don't care.

The next thing I know a pair of strong arms are wrapped around me. A hand come ups to cover my mouth. I fight and claw at them as they drag me away.

James POV

It's been a trying couple of days but I have finally come up with a plan to take out Alpha William. I'm glad this is almost over. All this sneaking and scheming feels dirty. I don't feel like me anymore. The me I learned to be here at Red Dawn with Amber and the others. I can't even sleep at night anymore I'm too anxious. I get up in the middle of the night and go for a run in wolf form to release some stress. I usually don't get back to late morning.

All I've been thinking of lately is vengeance and making him suffer and finally I have everything I need.

I have gone back to Williams room multiple times to collect some things I need. I have also ventured to the the rogue interrogation room to retrieve some tools I thought would aid my plan. Tonight is the night I free myself of my memories, of my fear, and of William. I can finally get back to my life. I miss Amber.

Amber. My heartaches at the thought of her. I know she suspects something, I'm a horrible liar. We've have multiple near arguments in the past couple of days. She questions my reluctance to meet the new members and I can never come up with a good enough excuse so I just leave the room telling her I'm late for something.

What am I suppose to say to them? This merger has gone smoothly I don't want to mess it up causing discord by my presence here. What if the Blood Howl members think less of Amber because of me, what if they revolt and we lose valuable allies. No they will have to wait.

I feel if I can just get rid of William everything will be fine and I will have the confidence to face the others. They were always just mimicking his cruelty, blindly following their leader. Without their leader poisoning their mind maybe they will see me in a different light.

Everything is going to be better when he's gone. I just know it will.

"Hey Baby" I groan inwardly. Here's a something else I hope to be rid of after tonight.

"I told you not to call me that Brittany" I growl looking up at her from the bench I'm sitting on in the courtyard. I've been waiting on her to arrive for a hour now, the sun has gone down and it's starting to get dark. "You're late what happened?"

"William almost wouldn't let me leave" The smile upon her face drops and her eyes become haunted, no doubt remembering the day she had the unfortunate luck to meet him at the the pack welcome party.