Chapter 21: Mother's concern

Start from the beginning

The same eyes as both of my sons had inherited from this very man, a man I couldn't really hate but I didn't really feel like truly loving due to his strict nature either.

It was more love than hate if you could ask me, a thin line almost blurry.

Now that I think about it, he never avoided my gaze when he talked to me.

"Well he wasn't important to them, that is what kept him out of severe casualties", he clutched his fists even tighter.

"It was me they were after, I heard it all", a mutter behind us appeared like a ghost, almost vanishing again.

It was Tak his head lowered not being able to look up.

"They wanted to kidnap me, but I don't understand why he would say that", he kept muttering to himself.

I ran over and grabbed his shoulders, Tak was taken aback shaking out of fear as he widened his eyes.

"What did he say?!"

"I-I", he stuttered as tears dwelled up in his eyes, "he told them to kill him. That's what he said, I don't understand why he would say that!"

The shaking of Tak was not like my own as I hugged him tightly to calm him down, while I myself was a wreck.

"Why would he say that?", I heard my husband mutter as he pulled his lower lip watching Minho how he scratched the back of his chair.'

The feeling of anxiety that I had long learned to supress is now fully engulfing me, telling me she was back in full glory.

No weakness, not with that name.

"Minho", I spoke up and he seemed very surprised that my voice seemed a little bit more delicate now.

"You got five minutes to explain why you are here", was the only thing I could say, and he sighed clearly disappointed.

"I was just wondering about your way of deciding and directing things lately, I mean it is clearly obvious why you are taking counter measurements to hide the fight between METRO and RisingStar but is it really necessary to make them all that intimate? On top of that you send off P-love doing shoots with several male models who are currently on the top ten popularity ranking. I don't understand why you have to do that right now. All at the same time", it was quite baffling that my son was catching up on things that quickly, not only that but the amount of care he is showing towards every single one of those details he listed up concerning the group called RisingStar.

Something is clearly off.

Why would someone who went through the whole Showbiz thing himself, try to understand what was going through the mind of someone doing the same what was done to him?

"Are you really wasting my time with those needless questions? You know how this business works, and you know there is no place for any hint of imperfection when it comes to a good amount of vitamin C", Minho frowned at my curt but at the same time informative answer.

He surely understood what it meant given the career ladder he already had climbed.

"But why do you have to direct them to through this business in that kind of way? I mean making them play fake couples and forcing them to—"

"As I recalled you were fake dating yourself not less than a year ago, weren't you?", I cut him off and the irritated look on his face was unclouded now.

"Yes, but I was forced to by my company president since I messed up some things. Those girls didn't do anything. On the opposite they played their roles very well only one of them... I mean maybe those steps weren't necessary", and suddenly I understood.