Chapter 16: Happy meals

(Yoo-Jung's POV)

I stared at the big screen attached to a tall building in midst of Seoul.

METRO

That was the main topic in every show right now.

Checking the time while I sighed deeply made this whole walk even more annoying.

If I get late and miss the chance to see Mina, I will surely make someone pay for it.

I even made an excuse to go and wait for Clide, but for real why should I give my whole attention to Clide when Mina is at the scene?

I went through a narrow alley, taking a shortcut to the usual meeting place.

"Hey, pretty boy. Nice face you have there. Seems like you are wearing some nice clothes there. Guess you got a lot of money?", some big, broad-built guy said and approached me with another friend, who was a bit slimmer than him.

Oh, come on, you can't be serious right now!

I sighed and pulled down my cap.

"Move aside. I ain't have time for this", I mumbled when he shifted to confront me.

"Huh? Listen to that. Speaking like a street dog while wearing fancy clothes? Didn't ya rich momma teach you how to speak properly around here?", he laughed and his saliva touched my face.

I wiped it away in utter disgust.

Seems like a change in plan, I will let out my frustration now to feel a lot more happy when I see her.

"My old lady didn't teach me anything you slimy ****", I swung my arm from below, hit his chin and another fist crashed on his cheek.

Quickly I raised my leg and brought it with all my weight on his neck, making him face the ground and lie there with no movement.

Oof, I went a bit too far.

I stretched my back and rubbed my knuckles looking at the other one.

Please just run away, I need to be a neat state when I arrive at the meeting.

Baek Kyung-Eun is a freaking monster, she would realize anything from bruise to scratch.

"Want to comment?", I smiled sweetly and took my bag from the ground.

"Call an ambulance just in case", I said while passing by.

"And-", I looked at him while he tried to help his friend, but flinched at the sudden sound of my voice.

Dude, I am not that scary you just pushed my buttons.

"Working for your money feels better than stealing. That's something I didn't learn from my Mum", I pointed at him as he nodded wildly already calling for an ambulance.

What a let-down, those street guys nowadays aren't even the real deal, sucks to be them.

The sudden appearance of Canon's face on the big screen made me stop in my tracks, craning my neck as if it was hard to spot her but it actually wasn't.

"Move it you jerk, don't stand in the way!", someone pushed me as he walked past me, but I just kept staring at the screen.

To be honest I am not really angry or disappointed, since you gave me a good opportunity, though you hurt a lot of people in the process.

I adjusted my cap while shuffling from one leg to the other, trying to find comfort in my shoes again after almost ruining them back in the alley.

One of them is Clide, and I really can't let that slide but somehow I wanted to let you justify it.