Chapter 08: Incoming storm

(J-monster's POV)

It can't be!

I turned away from K when I heard Varoe's voice.

"Hey, hold it!", she yelled and we all ran after her.

Canon you aren't a person who would just ditch us like that.

Ever since that conversation I could tell you are not someone who would just ditch people.

Varoe grabbed Canon by her shoulders and turned her around with great force.

"I told you to hold it!", she glared intensely at Canon and we all tried to calm her down.

Trying that is almost impossible, she is mad but we are just... what are we? Disappointed, shocked or sad?

I can't tell when I felt this feeling last time.

But I really wished I would never feel it again.

And I hoped this was just a misunderstanding.

"Varoe calm down, if you are mad nobody will get something out of it", K tried to tell her while she was quite confused as well.

"Fine. Fine!", Varoe glared at K and sighed then, letting go of Canon.

"Now tell me what was that all about?", K asked in Varoe's place.

I stared at Canon and didn't realize that I was holding Mina's hand until she squeezed it.

This is so embarrassing but... I guess now is not the time for that.

My throat felt tight.

It feels nice anyway.

Canon gave me a quick glance.

A glance that I would have never expected, indifferent and deprived of any emotion.

Like...

Like you already are done with us, I know that expression too well.

Then she looked at K with a firm expression.

"There is basically nothing more to say beside that what I said on stage. I will retire", and when said the last word Varoe almost jumped at her if it wasn't for K, Zeya and Makii holding her back.

"You can't be serious! You just can't be serious with that! And if you are I will get serious too, I will end you here and now!", she screamed.

"Varoe, keep it down or the media will-", Mina said before Varoe looked surprised.

P-love and Edo were just silently listening, not commenting anything not doing anything.

"There must be a good reason, it might be just a misunderstanding", Makii said and I felt relieved.

That's what I wanted to hear.

I searched for our former company president who was eagerly making a phone call.

He didn't seem angry rather frustrated and lost.

How could something like that happen?

"There is no misunderstand, if you excuse me the car is waiting for me", she freed herself and vanished as fast as possible.

"Where are you going?!", Varoe whisper-yelled.

You brat, when you almost yell while whispering it is basically the same.

"There must be a misunderstanding, I can't really explain it either way", Mina mumbled in thought.

I let go of her hand as she went off into her stream of consciousness.