Chapter 19: Shall we dance?

(K's POV)

This...

In front of me was an unusual sight.

After all those weeks and months of either clashing, ignoring or faking smiles at each other, Clide's head was lowered, his face not visible only the last bit of his nose under the accumulation of hair strands that gave in to gravity.

Clide on one knee, one elbow clasped behind his back while the other one propped on his knee and his palm facing me, awaiting a response.

This feels so off.

Lifting his head a bit to face me, non-expressive as usual but it had a touch of mysterious nobility if you could ask me.

From all these movies I watched and was forced to watch, especially historical ones, I knew this was the kind of pose a knight in shining armour or a prince would strike to either impress or invite his girl— or princess, whatever it was— for a dance.

Detective series are still way better.

I am still confused why I had to watch those historical dramas with P-love, I still need to confront her about that, but she was in a bad mood lately, so I better pass until she feels better.

Maybe I will let it out on Makii, but she was forced to watch it too...

Varoe, that's it!

Still looking back down to this kind of knight in shining armour who actually was wearing a grey jersey jacket, open and shirt hanging loosely half tucked in, it gave me the weird feeling of something weird that was about to happen.

I slowly placed my hand gently in his palm as he enveloped it cautiously in order not to be too rough, standing up slowly, bowing before stepping closer.

I can't get used to this.

I won't get used to this.

Things like that only happen in movies.

Wait, didn't that girl in the drama get poisoned at the end?

My trail of thoughts was disrupted by Clide closing in, now much taller than he was while kneeing.

It was kind of thrilling looking down on him literally.

"Seems like you won't get used to it", he just muttered as low as he could and pulled me closer starting to dance to the elegant but still upbeat music in the background.

Just like Minho had danced with me on that party, Clide was taking the lead of course I wouldn't lose to him, so I did my best and had practiced a lot for a formal dance.

"I don't know if you are speaking out loudly your own thoughts, but I am totally used to this", I just answered him coldly as I grabbed on his shoulder, slightly inclining my head towards it.

"Well, I pretty much saw that with my own eyes", there was basically no emotion in his voice, but it made it emotional itself.

My gut felt odd no matter how many times he would knee down and ask me with his whole body for a dance like this, and even if it was part of our duet I couldn't shake off this weird feeling of something falling deep into the pits of my stomach making it heavier and throwing it back at my chest to make it heave the burden instead.

As he was about to spin me, our fingertips only barely touching but it was somehow feeling like we were far away from each other, I jumped away to the sudden change of melody.

"Are you a stalker? Because I can't imagine where you would have seen me", I didn't even give him a glance as our matching street-dance part started.