Chapter Thirty-Five

I walked out of the Great Hall into the ballroom for the feast.

William and I took our seats as King and Queen of Pelugion and he placed a soft kiss on my cheek. "You look exquisite."

I turn my head to look into his eyes, "I love you."

He smiled and the ball began. People were having a grand time, everyone was dancing and socializing with one another. I danced with Ferren and John and I enjoyed every second of it. I was finally happy.

When the feast was about to begin, William and I stood up to make a toast.

"If I can have everyone's attention." He said with a smirk on his face. "Thank you.. I don't like taking the attention from my wife for any reason, but tonight I shall make an exception. Tonight. The one who will have the spotlight is our child."

Shocked and happy responses spanned from across the room, and I couldn't help but smile.

"My wife is pregnant with our first child and the first heir to the throne of not just one kingdom, but two."

A round of applause exploded from the people as William kissed me. He quickly then excused himself, saying he needed to take care of some business. I told him I understood and began eating my meal with the rest of the guests.