Chapter Ten

The guard showed me to where Edward was being held and gave me the key to open the cell myself.

"Oh, Edward. Edward, I am so sorry." I started to cry, I couldn't help it.

He placed both his hands on my cheeks. "Just promise me one thing.. Don't forget me, okay?"

"Don't talk like that. I will get you out of here. You will live, Edward. I will not let you die by my fathers hand. You can escape from this miserable place, make a new life for yourself."

He shook his head. "I would rather die than ever leave without you."

"Let me help you, please. I owe you that. I cannot watch you die, please don't make me watch you die." My voice cracked and I started to cry in his arms just begging him to let me help him. But he wouldn't let me.

"I love you, Adelaide Villeret. I told you I will love you until my last breath. Guards! Escort her majesty back to her room, and do not let her come in here again."

Before I could protest they were dragging me away from him. "EDWARD. EDWARD PLEASE. I BEG YOU." Hot tears streamed down my face, I couldn't speak anymore, my voice dried up. Mary was waiting for me in my bedroom when the guards finally managed to bring me back, she sat me down and held me as I cried for hours.

"I failed."