Chapter Nineteen

William and I started planning our wedding because we didn't want to waste time. We finally have the date set.. Two weeks from today I will be married.

"Mary, no peeking. Okay, now you can look. What do you Think?" I turned around very slowly so I wouldn't rip the ends of it. The dress was long and had a diamond neck piece.

"My goodness.." Mary smiled and held my shoulders. "You are the most beautiful bride I've ever seen. Your mother would have cried just looking at you."

I smiled at the thought of my mother. It's been almost three months since her death and the heartache of her passing is still raw. "I miss her, Mary."

"We all do, your highness."

I took my wedding gown off and put on a silk red dress so I could go and find William.

We met in the kitchen so we could do some final touches for the wedding, today we were testing cakes.

"Adelaide!" He wrapped his arms around me and kissed my cheek. "You look wonderful today." He spun me around and we walked hand in hand towards the cook.

After awhile of testing different types of samples, we decided to go with red velvet, which is secretly my favorite.

I decided that it was time to rest, so I headed to my room. As soon as my head hit the pillow, I heard a knock on the door.

"Adelaide, my dear, it's me. William. Can I come in?"

I sighed, "How could I say no?"

I quickly ran to open the door and invited him inside. "So, what do I owe this pleasure?"

He was silent.

"William?"

"Oh. Sorry, my love. I was lost in my thoughts." He started to wipe the sweat off his hands and smiled at me. "I don't know how to ask this.."

I looked at him, curious.

"I have been away from my kingdom from far too long. I- Adelaide. I can't be away from my people any longer. I need to go back. But. I won't leave you. You are my home. Adelaide, will you come with me? I know you've lived here all your life, and I know it'll be hard to part with your childhood home, but-"

"William, of course I'll join you. I knew what I was getting into when you asked me to be your wife." I placed my hand onto his. "I will move to the ends of the world for you."

He squeezed my hand, "Are you ready to become Queen of Peluigon."

"I am."