Chapter Five

For awhile, we were silent. Just walking hand in hand towards my home.

"Say something Adelaide, don't be shy. You like him and he likes you.. I think?"

"Edward?" I looked at him with my big brown eyes and saw a man who looked nervous, maybe even scared.

"Can we talk for a few minutes before I let you get ready for the ball?" He smiled. A smile that could end wars.

"Of course." I sat down on the grass and he followed. He held me in his arms and we were silent, it felt as if we were the only people in the world and oh how I wish that were true.

"Adelaide Villeret. My dearest Adelaide." He planted a light kiss on my forehead. "I have loved you since the first time my eyes saw you. You are my strength and the reason I am alive. When I leave to fight for this kingdom, I don't fight for the king, I fight for you. So you can live, so you can bring light into this miserable world. You, Adelaide, hold the key to my heart. I love you with every fiber of my being. I can't lose you to a man who doesn't know anything about you.. He doesn't know that when you get so happy, you start to cry. He doesn't know that you love to dance because it makes you feel alive. He doesn't know that you drink expensive wines because you don't want to feel sadness or anger. Please don't marry him. Marry me. We can live far from this place and have a family. We can be happy."

I felt as if I was in a dream. The man I loved since childhood just asked me to be his wife. How could I say no. But I couldn't say anything. I just started to cry, tears of joy. I hugged Edward and I didn't want to let go.

"Is that a yes?" He said with a laugh.

"Well, you're going to have to get on one knee and do it the proper way." I smiled at him as I wiped my tears away.

He chuckled as he got on one knee, "Miss Adelaide Villeret, my heart is yours and it will be until my last breath. Will you marry me?"

"Yes. Oh Edward, I will marry you."

"Can I kiss you?"

"Oh, come here"