Chapter Twenty-Seven

"Oh, please come in! You don't have to call me your majesty, by the way." I took my rope and placed it on me as I stood up. "Call me Adelaide."

She smiled, "Alright, Adelaide. I brought you three dresses to choose from so you can wear one today when you meet the councilmen."

"How did you-"

"Oh! The king told me before I got up here, he told me to choose my best dresses for you. I hope they fit, if not, I will most definitely run downstairs and get ones that do. I apologize in advanced if they don't."

Poor girl was talking so fast I hardly understand what she was saying, but I wanted her to feel welcome. Plus, I desperately needed a friend.

"Ferren. It's alright. I'm sure they'll fit wonderfully."

I picked a royal blue dress that was very loose and comfortable. My hips were visible but I liked that. I never wore a dress like this in Vethuven, so why not try something different?

Ferren and I walked to Peluigon's council room. It was much larger than the one I had back home. Gold was surrounding the high ceiling and a dark red complimenting it very nicely.

When I entered, they all bowed.

An older man, maybe around fifty years old, greeted me. "We are very happy to have you with us, your highness. Welcome to Peluigon."