Chapter Fifteen

When I found William he was outside the stables speaking to some of the workers.

"William?"

He turned around and gave me a hug. "Adelaide! I was just about to come look for you. Are you alright? Do you need anything?"

I shook my head. "No, I'm alright, thank you. I was just wondering if you wanted to accompany me to the villages tomorrow morning? My mother and I always give warm food to them before the winter season starts, but she is too ill to join me this year. If you are too busy, I understand."

"I'm never, ever, too busy when it comes to you. I'd love to join you."

"Wonderful." I couldn't help but smile. He really is a dream.
———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
The next morning came and William and I headed off into the town to do our deed as royals. He wouldn't stop smiling at me and asking if I was cold every five minutes.

After hours of standing in the cold, we went back into the palaces and sat in front of the fire talking about the day we just spent together.

We shared a few laughs and then we were silent.

"Adelaide?"

"Yes, William?"

"I- I want you to know that these last few months with you has been wonderful. I have never laughed so much before until I met you. You're one of the most caring souls I think I'll ever encounter. You enjoy looking at the stars, but they will never shine as bright as you. I don't want to wait any longer because I want you to know that I am completely in love with you.."

"William.. William look at me." He looked into my eyes for the first time since we entered the castle. "I'm not afraid anymore. I thought that if I let you in, you'd leave. But life is too short for me not to tell you that I cannot imagine my life without you anymore. I love you, William."

I held him close, not ever wanting to let go.