If You Met Me First - Damian x CJ

Hey guys! So I was listening to a song and my mind immediately went to Dame and CJ. So why not make a story about it? Anyways, I hope y'all enjoy. I know I haven't written in a while so I'm glad I'm writing this.

So I started writing this when they were in the bubble so I guess I'll keep it that way lol Also we're just gonna forget he has kids and act like all of this is possible lol

"What?" Damian laughed as we were sitting on the couch in his room. "No! That's totally not what-" he was cut off by his phone ringing. He looked at it and sighed softly. "One second." He said and I nodded. He answered and I soon learned it was FaceTime because he didn't put the phone up to his ear. "Hey baby." He smiled. "How have you been?" He asked and I looked away and stood up. I walked into the kitchen as Damian talked to his wife. I grabbed a water out of the fridge and I stood in the kitchen listening to them talk. "I miss you." He sighed. "I feel like I haven't actually seen you in years." He said. She agreed with him and I watched how he talked to her. He looked happy, really happy.

"How's CJ been?"

"Good." He smiled and he looked over at me smiling. "He's here with me now." He said and he moved his phone to show me.

"Hey CJ!" She smiled and I said hi back. "How have you been?"

"I've been fine. It gets kinda boring here. How about you?" I asked walking over. I sat down beside Dame. I leaned against him so we could both fit in the screen. 

"I've been good, it gets boring here. I'm used to Dame being here and you coming every other day." She said and I chuckled softly and smiled. We all talked for a little while till I let them talk cause after all they were married. I leaned my head on my hand and I watched Damian talk. I didn't listen to what he was saying, I just watched his facial expressions and lips move. I always imagine what my lips against his would feel like. He looked up and looked at me for a second and he sighed softly and looked back at his phone.

"Hey baby I'm gonna go." He said after a while.

"Alright, I love you. Call me tonight."

"I will, I love you. Bye." He said and they hung up. He looked at me and smiled softly. "Sorry, I didn't expect her to call."

"It's fine." I shrugged. "She's your wife, and you two haven't seen each other in forever, you can talk to her whenever." I said and he nodded softly and sighed. A silence fell between us and I kept fighting with myself if I wanted to break the silence or not. I looked at him and he was looking at me. He looked at me the way I've looked at him for six years. He looked down at his hands.

"Remember when we met six years ago?" He asked me and I nodded smiling.

"Yeah." I sighed. "Yeah I do." I smiled softly at the memory.

"I was dating her back then, we've came a long way."

"Who?" I asked him. "Us or you two?"

"Both I guess." He sighed and I shrugged.

"I don't know, you can't really come a long way when your friends." I said staring at the space between us.

"I... CJ." He sighed and I looked up at him. I wanted him. I want him to hold me, to kiss me. I wanted him to love me. I've loved him ever since I met him for the first time. We had been talking before I met him face to face because of my injury and all, but once I met him I knew I loved him. Then I found out he had a girlfriend. He obviously wasn't gay, I never thought I was either until I met him. I could never tell him how I felt either, I couldn't ruin anything between us or him and his girl.

"What?" I asked him.

"Nothing." He sighed. "I think you need to get some sleep." He said shutting our conversation down.