Drafted - Cam x Tre

I remember it all like it was yesterday. I remember meeting him like it was yesterday. I remember giving him his number like it was yesterday. I remember renaming his contact like it was yesterday. I remember goofing around with him like it was yesterday. I remember sharing the same dorm with him like it was yesterday. I remember falling in love with him like it was yesterday. I remember leaving him like it was yesterday... that was yesterday. I sighed and looked around me. Sure my friends were here to support me, but their also getting drafted. He's not. My true friend wasn't here to watch my dreams come true. My phone buzzed and I looked down at it. He had sent me a picture of the draft on a TV. That wasn't our TV.

Me
That isn't your TV. Where are you?

Bae💕😘🤦‍♀️
At a friends house. Can't wait to see you! I'll be watching! Wave at the camera for me!

Me
I will.

I put my phone up when Zion elbowed me. I looked up. I never told him I loved him. Now everything we could have ever had is lost. RJ and Zion are happy why can't I be? I fucked up and I know it. I'll never get to play with him again. I'll never get those moments back. Maybe they would have been even better if we had been a couple. My thoughts were interrupted by the commissioner. Zion and RJ were first and second. "And with the Third pick in the draft the New York Knicks select... Cam Reddish." He said and I stood up. I walked up and took my pictures and everything. My dreams just came true. Anything I was thinking about Tre I forgot. I walked up to the lady who was about to give me an interview.

"Hey Cam!" She said smiling. "So quickly what does it feel like to be drafted?"

"Man a totally dream come true." I said smiling. "This is what I've always wanted."

"Leaving Duke, you not only left a team bond behind you left..."

"Ma'am I've got the interview from here." Someone said walking up and was about to take the mic from her when I threw my arms around him.

"Tre!" I exclaimed and he laughed and nodded. I didn't let go of him.

"Cam... I.... Can't..... Breathe...." He whispered and I let go of him smiling.

"I can't believe you came all the way over here just for me." I said smiling.

"Well actually I came to see RJ and Zion but I couldn't just ignore you." He said and I hit his shoulder. He laughed and so did I.

"I missed you." I said.

"You left yesterday." He laughed.

"Yeah yeah but it's still sad." He nodded.

"I cried when you left."

"Awww baby.... Tre you should have called me." I said.

"What did you call me?"

"Nothing." I said smiling and I acted confused.

He shrugged. "Maybe I heard you wrong." He said and i nodded.

"Probably." I said laughing. He rolled his eyes. I looked around and i walked up to RJ and Zion. I knew Tre would follow me.

"Hey man good to see you again." RJ said and Tre laughed.

"You saw me two seconds before I saw Cam." He said and they smiled. Zion elbowed me and I looked over.

"You blew your last chance this may be the last one you ever get." He mumbled and I nodded. We talked for a little bit.

"Hey Tre can I talk to you." I said before I could stop myself. RJ and Zion glanced at each other and nodded.

"Yeah." He said smiling.

"Uh alone?" I asked after he didn't move.

"Sure." He shrugged. I walked out a side door. We ended up at the side of a building, duh. "What is it?" He asked looking up at me.

"I um uh.... just wanted to say thank you for coming tonight. It was really sweet of you for thinking of me."

"It was nothing Cam really. I'm glad I got to see you get drafted." He said and i smiled.

"I'll watch you next year." He nodded and I smiled down at him.

"Anything else?"

"Yeah." I said nodding. "I love you...re playing another year at Duke."

"What?" He asked laughing.

"I think it's cool you're staying another year at Duke. It'll be fun." He smiled and nodded.

"Hey guys!" Zion said walking out and I shot him a look and he walked back inside.

"What?" Tre asked as he looked at me then the door and back at me.

"I just kinda wanna talk to you alone for a little bit you know? Kinda our last normal conversation." He nodded. "Hats the thing though Tre. Every conversation we've ever had has never been normal to me. I like it when I make you laugh or even smile. No conversation with you is boring..." I stopped myself and sighed. "What I'm trying to say is that I love you."

"What?!" He asked looking up at me shocked.

"Yeah." I said slowly and I ran my hand through my hair. "You don't have to like me back..."

"Just shut up, bend down and kiss me." He said and I chuckled then stopped when I realized what he said.

"Wait what?!" I said and he smiled.

"Love isn't a one man thing." He said and i smiled and picked him up and kissed him. He smiled and wrapped his legs around my waist. I smiled at him and kissed him again. Just then the door opened and I dropped his.

"Hey RJ... Zion." I said leaning against the wall.

"Y'all are cute." RJ said.

"Yeah totally couple goals." Zion added and the shut the door again. We looked at each other and laughed and then kissed again.

"I love you Cam." He whispered.

"I love you Tre."