Bonds & Brains

I couldn't stop thinking about the kiss

I couldn't stop thinking about the kiss. The images flashed in my mind as I walk down the hall Monday morning. Damon's kiss was different this time. It felt like it meant something. There was an intimacy we shared that I couldn't quite explain. Not to mention, there were these feelings. I was starting to like him which was a bad thing. He was different with me. Still possessive and demanding but absent of that emotionless facade he carried around at school.

I noticed people were staring at me more than normal. I felt like the whole school was watching me. Maybe it was because I was one of the handful of black that go here.

Shivers run down my spine from all the eyes piercing into me. I don't think too much of it. I try not to, at least.

When I get to class Savannah's already waiting for me. Savannah waves me over to the empty seat beside hers. She pushes her chair closer to me when I sit down.

"There's rumors going around about you and Damon?"

Oh, how grand.

She wastes no time. It was starting to make since why everyone was staring at me. They probably thought we were together or hooking up. I didn't want this kind of gossip floating around about me. Especially since they were far from true.

"They're saying that you got in his car yesterday." She confesses.

There was no way anyone could have known that. The lot was empty around that time.

I exhale a deep breath. It could be worse. Damon could have told everyone we had sex.

I looked around to make sure no one was listening. "I did but not for the reasons everyone probably thinks."

"Care to explain." Her eyebrows rose.

"I just needed a ride home. I wasn't going to make it to the bus stop on time."

"I know that's not all that happened. Whatever happened, I'm your best friend. I got your back."

Savannah was my best friend. I wasn't ready to talk about Damon. Maybe I was running away from my feelings. I just know there's something off about him. I just can't put my finger on it. I didn't want pieces of him. I needed to find out the whole story.

"And that's why I love you bitch." I sung out.

Savannah snorted. Anna shook her head as she slide into the desk in front of me.

"What's up." She breathed out.

Savannah's eyebrows lower with worry.

"You good bro?"

"Yeah..."

Anna was never late for school. Most of the time she was here before us. Anna took her arms out of her leather jacket. Then kicked her bookbag between her feet.