New developments

The second day was uneventful

The second day was uneventful. Minus the few glances Damon and I share in passing it's a very dull day. There are endless assignments that I have to complete for each of my classes. With the party on Saturday, I'm forced to complete them by Friday.

Procrastination was one thing I couldn't afford. When I got home from school that day Melody happened to be unloading her things from the car. I watch her swipe a duffel bag up from the ground. She looked straight at me as she lifts her frame.

I catch Melody rolling her eyes when I walked by her. I'm tired of her constant glaring and attitude towards me. I stop walking and turn around to walk back up to her. Her eyes narrow to slits before she put a hand to her hip.

"Can I help you?" She asks with contempt.

There's an edge to my voice. "You got a problem with me."

"I do, actually. I don't know you and I don't like you."

A hand scissors into her curls. A look of impatience frowns up her face.

"I don't want you here."

"At least we can agree on something."

She rolls her eyes with attitude. She puckers her lips and makes a duck face.

"What's your deal anyways?"

I pull my brows in a deep frown and jut my hip.

"I'm here because I lost the only family I had. I'm not here because I was dying to meet my dearest daddy."

I raise my voice.

"So, excuse me, but the last thing I care about is how much you fucking hate me." I spit out.

Her eyes go wide. I didn't give a damn how she felt. It felt good to release everything I've been bottling up for weeks. I couldn't let some rich kids bully me into leaving this place.

"I didn't know..."

I interrupt her knowing what she was going to say before she says it.

"You're sorry. We'll thanks but that still doesn't make us friends."

She nods and her voice comes out low.

"Touche. Look, maybe we can just be neutral, but I am sorry."

I ponder over her words for a moment, then lift my eyes to hers.

"Yeah, maybe." I pause. "See you later."

Aaron's stomping down the steps when I walk inside the house. My Dominican heritage came from my mother's side. My father on the other hand was pure Cherokee. Everything I knew about him had been from her word of mouth. I found myself mentally keeping track of all the things my grandma had told me about him. She always ranted on and on about how mean and demeaning he could be.