°40°

Like I'd promised in the previous chapter, here's a second update.

Above is a picture of Happiness.

Enjoy.

                      ~°~°~°~°~

                      °Uyai's POV°

Home alone! I've always loved staying home.... Alone. It was the time I got to do crazy fun stuff without anyone insulting or laughing at me. I had just finished watching season five, episode eight of Lucifer, and couldn't wait for the next episode to air.

"If Judith was here, we would have been watching the show together." I immediately shook my head. "Happy thoughts Uyai, happy thoughts."

I reached for my phone and plucked in my earpiece, to listen to my favorite Kpop band. I just needed something to take my mind off of Judith.

My parents had promised to take T and I to see her parents, after the school's competition. My problem was Judith's parents. They would be shattered to hear about their daughter's death - well, I think they'd be.

I've never seen her mum nor dad actually care for her. Her parents were more like mine in the ghetto, if not worst. But still, I find it hard to break the news to them.

I mean, questions just like these might arise;

'Uyai, how are you alive?'

'Uyai, how are you two?'

'Uyai, what about Judith's scholarship?'

'Uyai, what the hell happened to my daughter, your best friend?!'

Why the hell would Judith take a bullet for me?! We were in the twenty-first century for crying out loud! Who still dies for others?!

My brain was going haywire, I needed to clear my head. I gently clicked on the play button on my music list and began to sing along.

"Cause I, I, I'm in the stars tonight. So watch me bring the fire and set the night alight. Shining through the city with a little funk and soul. So I'ma light it up like dynamite, woah-oh-oh" I moved out of my room, dancing with excitement. It helped served as a distraction. "Dyn-na-na-na, na-na-na-na-na, na-na-na, life is dynamite. Dyn-na-na-na, na-na-na-na-na, na-na-na, life is dynamite. Shining through the city with a little funk and soul. So I'ma light it up like dynamite, woah-oh-oh."

"You seem happy," I stopped all of a sudden, almost missing my footings. I steadied myself in time before I could stumble down the stairs. At the foot of the stairs, were my friends. I quickly composed myself, same time I turned off the music.

"She's back," Jeremiah said to me, pointing at T. "And you never found it fit to let me know?"

"It was last night," I said in my defence, as I approached him. "Plus, I never knew you guys would notice in just a day."

"Tatiana is a completely different person, irrespective of the exact same face." Jeremiah spoke up. "We knew even before the bell rung for assembly."

Wow.

Tatiana cleared her throat, gaining  the attention from others. "I needed to come back home cause I missed my friends. Do not blame my sister for not letting you guys know, it was short noticed."

"We missed you too," Omonigho admitted. "But you made a stupid decision for trying to kill yourself. Why?!"

"And that's what we're going to find out." Dami added, before helping himself by having a sit on one of the couches.