Chapter 42.

DEJI

They say absence makes the heart grow fonder. It is only now that I truly understand that that parable has a deep rooted meaning. Oh, what I would give to see her smile and laugh again. Today is the D-day. With the jitters, one would easily mistake me for the person getting married.

If she comes today, I will never take her for granted again and I'll cherish every moment we share, placing them dear to my heart.

If she does not, I will go after her. Yes, I promised to let her be but truth be told, I am not giving up on us. Not now and certainly never.

The only way I see this ending is both of us ending up together. I stop just in front of my destination and drag the curtains to give me access to the room.

"Congratulations, Sis. I can't believe you are getting married. You that I held when you were born." I say in a teasing voice.

"Please..." She says, stressing the word.

"Uncle holder, thank you." She adds, smiling. Well, I am glad it is Timi she is getting matried to. He is a great guy and also like a brother to me. I trust her under his care.

"How are you and how's the big day like?" I ask her.

"Fine, fine. I am getting married to the love of my life." She gushes.

"How are you, bro?" She asks.

"Fine." I say, answering her with the most common word used for replying that question.

"How are you?" She asks again, folding her arms. I sigh and rub my hands across my hair. I have been doing this lately.

"Truthfully, I am scared. What if she does not show up?"

"Uwa loves you. She will. Don't worry, all you need to do is not mess up next time."

"Thank you." I hug her, patting her gently on the back. Just in time, dad arrives to walk her down the aisle.

....."You may now kiss the bride." And Uwa is nowhere to be found. She did not come. My shoulders sag and my heart drops at the sudden realization.

She has gotten tired of me. I could not even smile to fake happiness when we snapped the group photograph for the bride's family.

Everything suddenly feels sickening to me. I am not supposed to feel this way on my sister's wedding. I feel like a very terrible brother right now. The couple look at me with concern on their face and start making their way towards me but I shake my head repeatedly to dissuade them. Iya Risi, my annoying aunt who is even worse than mom in the matchmaking case starts making her way towards. Oh no, today is just the wrong day.

Immediately, I stand up to leave and as I turn, I bump into someone.

"Watch where you are going." The voice says, chuckling.

"What do you want here, Debby?" She lets out a grin as she runs her hands over my chest.

"You." Frankly speaking, this one is delusional. How the hell did I get into a relationshuo with her? I hiss at her figure and walk out of her only for my eyes to lock with Uwa. Shit!

She looks between the both of us and starts walking towards us.

"Uwa, I was just talking with Deji here about your miserable self." What? Lord!

"Shut the fuck you, you idiot." Uwa shoots back at her.

"Excuse me?"

"No. Excuse you. It's like you are stupid. I saw everything so don't twist it to your narrative. Leave this place now or I swear to God I would forget this is a wedding and arrange your face." The freight on Debby's face is enough to show how intimidated she is. She flinches and scurries off.

"That was hot, babe." I am impressed and lowkey feeling myself. This woman would go extents for me, that I am so sure of.

"Someone had to put her in her place and it was long overdue." She steals a quick kiss from lips but I hold her waist and intensify it. By the end of the kiss, we were both moaning softly.

"I thought you wouldn't come." I say to her.

"Traffic held me." She says, smiling.

"About us?" I look at her with so much hope.

"I had a re-think. I want us to work out. I love you, Jimi." She calls my other name for the first time and I could not help the wide grin that spreads across my face.

"I love you too, my precious Gift. Across each planet and all through the galaxies." With that, I dip in my head again for another kiss. This time, I take it slow and nibble at her soft lips, starting from the bottom and not caring if there are others watching us. I love this woman so much.

"Deji." She moans softly.

"Hmm, baby?" I voice out.

"Everyone's looking." She says in a whisper. My baby is shy.

"I have missed you." I chuckle, holding her waist and leading her to my family.

"Me too." She says, smiling back at me.

UWA

The wedding reception followed afterwards in his parent's house. I felt special because his family were happy to see me. I was even accorded the honor of joining them in brief meetings and learning the ropes on how they already planned the reception. Once everything was done, we were all exhausted.

"Stay at my place." Deji suggests when we get to his car.

"I.." I don't know how to respond because it has never happened before.

"I promise to be a good boy and I'll give you a special feet massage too." I just laugh at him.

"I am the masseuse, not you." I point out.

"We could give each other a massage." He says, winking.

"I'm tired, Deji." I say.

"Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee....." He says, whining.

"You are such a child." I huff, making my way into his car. Speaking of cars, I need to check on mine.

"You love me like that." He gives a goofy grin before bringing out his tongue to further tease me.

That night, we take turns at relieving each other from the stress as he gave me a feet massage while I did a body massage for him.