Chapter 8.

UWA

There are days when one wakes up feeling very ecstatic and nervous at the same time. Well, that describes my mood this morning. I am ecstatic because I hope for the best and nervous because I am scared. From my research conducted on Jimdey, it is a multi-billion company that made its name in just three years. How smart could some people really be? Hmmm.

Applying the clear hair gel I own, I put on a blazer to complete the look for today's interview. One of my signature interview looks.

 One of my signature interview looks

The interview look

"Bestfriend looking chic." Nimi teases me as I do a 360 degrees turn in front of her.

"How do I look?" I ask her.

"Amazing. Simple yet exquisite. Dazzling." Give it to Nimi to hype the senses out of you.

"Thank you." I say, fanning my hands over myself.

"Feel yourself, please. It is allowed." I chuckle at what she says.

"You will get this job. I can feel it already." She says.

"Osheyy, mamalawo." I tease her and raise my two hands to shake them to emphasise my point.

"You are not serious. I am sha serious about what I said." She shrugs.

"By God's grace." I say.

"Just be yourself and no over impressing. These people can smell fake from a mile's radius." She places her hands on my shoulders as she speaks.

"Yes, ma. Oya, let us eat." I say.

"Okay." She replies.

We head to the kitchen to dish out our breakfast which is Bread, fried eggs and tea then walk to the sitting room to eat it on the sofa. Nimi keeps typing something on her phone at intervals while we are eating.

"Aunty, concentrate before it passes through the wrong channel." I caution, trying to snatch her phone off her hands but she quickly dodges my aim, smacking my hands and then glares at me.

"Concentrate on yours too." She says.

It is 5:30am and the interview is around 10am. Meaning, I have approximately 4 hours 30 minutes to be there. Nimi picks up her phone as it rang signally a call.

"You are there already? Okay. Coming." She says over the phone.

"Perfect. You are done. Your Bolt cab is waiting outside for you." Bolt from where?