Chapter 38.

UWA

I feel his eyes follow my action. The last time we were here was almost torment for me if not for this person  standing in front of me.

"You have not changed one bit." Kwame says, spinning me around. I chuckle at his compliments.

"You neither." I say back.

"My Naija Jollof." He teases me and we share a laugh. Deji clears his throat to get our attention.

"In case you both have forgotten, I am here." He says, gruffly.

"Oh." Kwame looks at him before leaning to my ears.

"Are you guys together now?" He asks in a whisper.

"Yes." I reply him, smiling.

"No wonder. Go to your brooding boyfriend before he kills me. See you at the launch party." He says, still whispering. I chuckle at his response and wave him goodbye before Deji and I head to our suite.

"What is wrong?" I ask him immediately he closes the door.

"Are you seriously asking me that?" He hisses, walking from one point to the other in the room. We occupied the same suite as the last time.

"Yes. I want to know why you are acting this way." I demand.

"You were flirting with him, that's why." He puts his hand forward, coupled with a shrug.

So, he is jealous? I burst into laughter, clapping my hands before sitting on a chair to steady myself. He pauses his movement to look at me.

"What is funny? Please, tell me because I want to laugh too." His tone screamed sarcasm. I like me a jealous man. At least, it shows that he actually feels something for me.

"You are the one that is funny. Please, Kwame is just a friend." I wave off.

"Just a friend and you both went out on a date the last time we were here? He might be just a friend to you but the man clearly likes you." His jealousy is cute.

I move towards him and pinch him on his cheeks then give him a toothy grin. Truthfully, what he said is correct.

"Sorry about that, jealous man." I say, holding him.

"Who said I was jealous?" He asks with raised eyebrows before scoffing.

"If you were not, then why were you angry?" I throw back the question in his face, matching his attitude.

"I was not angry because of jealousy." He says in denial.

"Then why were you angry?" I ask him again.

"Uhmm." I just chuckle at his loss for words.

"Cat got your tongue?" I tease, giving him an intense look through my eye lashes.

"Thought as much." I conclude when he says nothing.

"I have been meaning to ask you something." This thought has been bugging my mind since the night at his parent's.

"Really? Hope nothing is wrong?" He asks.

"I hope so. The first time your mom met me, even though nothing was going on at that time, she stated clearly that my likes are not for her son. During the dinner, the countenance was different. I am not trying to imply anything, please don't get me wrong but it worries me a little." I finally voice out.

Any sane lady would take an issue like that to be of utmost importance. I kept asking myself what changed but could not find a befitting answer to it.