Chapter 12.

DEJI

As I pack up to go home since work has closed for the day, my phone rings and I check the caller ID to see who the caller is.

Shallywally💃. It reads. Don't mind her, she saved it that way because according to her, I should be excited anytime I see the phone ring and her name pops up. Hence the dancing emoji attached.

"Shalewa Shodeinde, how far?" I say, just to spite her.

"You too, Ayodeji Shodeinde how far? Tsk. Do I look like those your employees or business partners?" I chuckle at her outburst.

"Sorry now." I apologize before she milks this situation.

"I hear you. If you call me Shalewa Shodeinde again, I'll magically appear in front of you and punch you." She says, making me laugh.

"But is that not your name?" I ask her.

"Yes and what happened to only Shalewa or Shallywally or better still, you can call me the sweetest sister in the whole world." She says the last part in a sing song manner.

"Okay, ma. I surrender, Shallywally." I say.

"Ehen. The bottom line is that you were speaking to me with that your annoying professional tone. Anyways, are you home yet?" She asks.

"Nope. Why?" I reply her, chipping in a question at the end.

"Nothing. Just bored, want to come and disturb you small." She says.

"You are very funny." I state.

"Okay o. Since you don't want to have me over, no problem. I'll just go to Timi's place." She says.

"You are joking, right?" She should be because the last time I saw both of them together, which was on my birthday, they hardly acknowledged each other's presence.

"Try me and see." She says.

"Hmm. Okay, you can come over but you have to bring something for me for allowing you to my home." I state.

"What do you want?" She asks me.

"Food." I state simply. On the other end of the phone, she bursts into laughter.

"Olounje oshi (glutton)." She says, still laughing. Hah, this girl.

"Shalewa, hope you know I am still your elder brother?" I ask her.

"Sorry now. Once somebody starts teasing you, that is when you will remember elder brother." She scoffs at me.

"What food do you want?" She adds.

"Amala and ewedu." I state.

"You want to kill me ni? There is jollof rice at home. Can you manage that one because I just closed from work too." She says.

"Alright. Thank you, Shalewa." I say.

"I know if I enter that your kitchen I'll see food stuff that you have not used because you are lazy. Not as if you cannot cook o but let me just keep quiet before you pull the elder brother card on me again." She states.

What she said is true, though but it is not as a result of laziness but sometimes, it is because I am tired. It doesn't take child's play to run a multi-billion company and moreso, to grow it in three years.

"Better." I respond.

"Till later. Hope you have netflix sub because I want to watch this new movie I heared of." She says.

"Later, sis." I end the call before she asks her netflix question again. When I want to watch El-Classico today, this girl is talking movies.

I resume packing and head out once I am done, passing by her work space to see her still engrossed in reading. I chuckle and walk to Timi's office. Just as I was about knocking, he opens the door.