Chapter 33.

UWA

"Babes, what is happening?" We are currently in my room and Nimi is not getting a hang of the situation she met upon arrival which explains why she is whispering right now.

"What?" I ask, feigning ignorance.

"The hot chunk in your sitting room." For some reason, I do not like the fact that she is calling him that.

"Shut up." I say to her.

"Ow!" This idiot slapped me on my arm.

"What is happening, joor?" She says, tapping my arm repeatedly.

"God help me with this lady." I say, looking upwards and rolling my eyes.

"Amen." She says back.

"Madam, I didn't say it for you to conclude." I say.

"It's your business. What is he doing here?" We are still whispering.

"I will gist you when he leaves." I say to her and she lets out a pout.

"You are hoarding gist from me. No wahala sha." She huffs, followed by a low hiss. I wiggle my tongue in response and she hisses again. Dragging her, we walk back to join him.

"I'll take my leave now. I hope you feel better now." He has really helped me in this situation even though he might not know to what magnitude.

"Yeah. Thank you for coming over." I say in gratitude.

"I am happy I could help. Please don't hesistate to call me if you need anything." He says.

"Hmmm... Okay." I reply him. His head turns to look at Nimi.

"Once more, nice meeting you, Nimi." He lets out a small smile at the corner of his lips, almost like a smirk.

"I can say the same." This Nimi though, funny human being. He nods and places his hands in his pocket before walking towards the door, with me following behind him.

Immediately I shut the door, the gist hungry wolf attacks me.

"Oya, gist hoarder. Offload everything sharp sharp. My ears have been dying to know what happened here before I came." She gives a very sweet smile and is even shaking her shoulders. I wonder how gist makes someone this thrilled.

•••••

By Monday, all thanks to Deji and Nimi, I was feeling better than the way I felt when I just made the discovery on the wedding. In fact, I got to work way earlier than my expected time of resumption today.

"Good morning, Sir." I smile to him as I drop the coffee cup on his table.

"Hi. Good morning, Gift." He smiles back.

"Sorry, excuse me. One minute." I quickly exit his office to my work space and search through the drawers. There! Found it, my jotter. I then reach for the nylon that has the little gift that I brought for him, preparing to head to his office.

"Uwa." I hiss in my head before turning.

"What is it, Kayode?" I ask him, rolling my eyes.

"I am sorry for what I did." It seems there is something wrong with this man. Does he think sorry will solve everything?

"Please, excuse me. I have somewhere important to be at." I glare at him and walk out. To be honest, I don't think there is anything to discuss with him. If he likes, he should not go to his office. Didn't he just get married two days ago? Don't they do honeymoon? Newlyweds, I mean. So, why is this nincompoop at work today? After his wife humiliated me, thankfully we had no audience, he still has the nerve to show his face in front of me. What exactly is the color of his problem?