Chapter 19.

UWA

Being back to one's motherland had this exhilarating feeling attached to it. I inhale a breath of fresh air as we alight the jet, not forgetting to thank the flight crew for their amazing reception.

Soon enough, a vehicle picks us up to the entrance of the airport before I speak up.

"I will stop here, Sir. I don't live far from here." I state briefly. I am grateful that for once, this plays in my favour as the airport is in Ikeja.

"What is your house address?" He asks after a brief pause, completely catching me off guard.

"Never mind, Sir." I say.

"I will say this one more time and I am not asking. Your house address, Miss Omozuwa." He states, glaring at me. I quickly scribble it on a sheet of paper and stretch my hand to pass it across to him.

"Give it to the driver." He commands, which I do.

"Take us to that address, Abel." He says to the driver.

"Yes, Oga." He replies.

As the luxurious car makes its way into my environment, completely looking out of place, I do not fail to notice the curious gaze that is sent its way by onlookers. I could fathom what was going through their minds right now and knowing the residents of this environ, they are not pleasant thoughts at all.

I am grateful for the tinted glasses that helped conceal our faces, but what is the point when some people will still see me when I get down at my house. You see, apart from not feeling comfortable around him, this is one of the reasons why I never bought into the idea of him dropping me off at home but I am positive we all know how that went.

Nimi will not be at home now so it will just be me in that house till she returns.

Finally, the car comes to a halt just in front of my compound. I could not miss the scrutiny in Deji's eyes as he accesses the environment. I am not bothered because I did not send him to bring me here. Don't get me wrong, I am not ungrateful but on the other hand, I remember telling him I could find my way from the airport. So what is with the disgusted look?

"Thank you, Sir." I say, letting out a forced smile to show gratitude. He simply nods at me in response.

The driver opens the trunk of the vehicle and I take out my box, sending a smile his way.

"See you on Monday, Miss. Omozuwa." I hear boss man say from inside the vehicle.

I nod my head before responding to him. "Thank you, bo...Sir." oops, I almost let the nickname I gave him slip off my mouth.

Trying so hard to ignore the curious and judgemental gaze most people sent my way, I drag my box to my apartment and let myself in.

Phew! Finally! I am back home and what is even better is that tomorrow is Saturday, so no work. Time is not far spent as it is not yet noon and since there is no power right now, I have decided to play ball blast on my phone for a little while.

•••••

"Uwa.. Uwa.." That sound and someone tapping my feet is what I wake up to. I squint my eyes till they finally adjust to the bright light because apparently, the power was restored while I was asleep. I am met with a goofy smile from Nimi.

"Madam. Wake up, jare (please). Sleepy sleepy." Heck, I didn't even know when I slept off. My phone lay beside me and I turned it on to see that they game was still on but I had failed the level.

"Babes, how far?" I say to her, returning her goofiness with a smile.

"Fine o. Na so you tire (Is that how tired you are)?" She asks, unfolding my legs on the sofa.