Chapter 16.

DEJI

The next morning, I knock on her door waiting for her to give me a reply from within the room but I am met by silence. I knock again and still, nothing. Worry consumes me and I go back to my room to pick up the spare key card I had and head back to hers. Still knocking one more time, I get no reply from her and I open the door, gaining access into her room and I am met with a very annoying scenery.

The worry I felt earlier instantly vanishes, replaced with rage because this stupid assistant of mine is still asleep and under the sheets by this time and does anyone care to know what the time is? It is 8:20am right now.

She did look peaceful in her sleep, though. However, I don't understand. Is it that the feeling of a different country has made her sleep too much because there is simply no sane explanation to this.

She stirs in her sleep and turns her body to face the other side. Before I'll get caught staring and looking like a creep, I device a plan to wake her up. I know exactly what to do. Quietly, I walk out of her room and head for mine to retrieve a bottle of water.

"Wake up." I command as I pour the contents of the bottle all over her sleeping form. 

"Ahh. What is all this one nau?" She hisses as she attempts to clean the water from her face from under the duvet to have clear sight.

I slightly chuckle because for some weird reason, the sight before me looks very funny. However, I  quickly regain my composure when I see her sitting up, sulking. Her eyes widen upon seeing me and her hand immediately reach for her phone which is on the bedside drawer.

"Shit.." She swears but immediately, her free hand goes to her mouth as if reminding herself that I am standing in front of her.

"I am sorry, Sir. I have no idea how I slept this much." I am not surprised. It is a habit of hers to be late.

"Just get up, already." I say, not even in the mood to address her tardiness.

"Okay. Please can you excuse me, Sir. Thank you." That is the reply I get? Seriously?

"And what right do you think you have to give me orders? It's not like I have not seen better versions of whatever you think you have. Remember, I am paying for this." I state, making a gesture at the entire suite.

"It's not like I came here willingly." I hear her mumble under her breath.

"What did you say?" I ask her, daring her to repeat it.

"Nothing, Sir." She says, meekly.

"Better." I snap at her.

"You are still late. Make sure your preparation is very fast and be ready in ten minutes, nothing more. Got it?" I add.

"Yes, Sir." She replies.

"And by the way, Good morning to you." I don't know why I did it but it just feels right to say it to her.

UWA

He greeted me good morning? Wonderful. I dash into the bathroom to have the fastest bath in my life.

I just got out of the bathroom when the sound of my phone ringing fills the room, signally an incoming voice call on whatsapp. Checking out the caller ID, it is Nimi. If I pick this her call it means that I will definitely be delayed by a few minutes and boss man's threat rings through my head. Please, the small drama that happened this morning is already okay to start my day.

I quickly rush my dressing, I couldn't straighten my weave, so I settle for packing it into a ponytail then I take out my outfit which consists of a pair of trousers and a shirt. I put on my heels in accordance to his orders and head to meet up with him. Having my bath and getting dressed in a span of ten minutes, that is some record on my part.