Chapter 30.

UWA

Joy joy joy
In my heart is singing
Joy joy joy
Jesus set me free

I don't know why but my mood on this monday morning is something else today. I am just unneccesarily happy. I hum the song in a low voice as I make my way into the office building, smiling at everyone whose path I cross. It's a brand new day; of joy, love and happiness and God has made me a recepient of all three. Tell me why I should not be happy. Give me a reason why.

The elevator dings, signalling that I have reached my floor and I step out, dropping my bag on my desk before heading to prepare coffee. One for the boss and one for me.

"Come in!" He answers from inside and I walk in, dropping the cup on his table.

"Thank you." He says, smiling at me. He opens his mouth to say something but just keeps quiet. Silently, I take my leave. He has been like this for more than a week now. He does not shout nor insult me anymore. He says simple things like please and thank you to me. Often times, it seems like he wants to say something but decides against it and keeps mute. This man is just difficult to figure out sometimes. Well, if he has anything to say to me, I believe he will eventually speak up.

•••••

The time I have finally been waiting for is here. I had made up my mind from home to see Kayode during lunch break and get clarity on this matter. He used to come to my desk every morning but recently, he said we might have to reduce the visits so that he does not get me into trouble. That was so thoughtful of him because boss man started acting better towards me when he reduced frequenting my office space.

I finish eating at the cafeteria with Natasha and Catherine who could not stop teasing me about him. The remaining fifteen minutes left in the break, I head to his office to see him.

"Hey, babe." He says, kissing me on the cheeks upon ushering me into his office.

"Hey." I smile back and take my seat.

"How has work been?" He asks.

"You know, the usual. Working with the CEO has its highs and lows but we move." I say, shrugging to which he just laughs and walks to his seat to sit down.

"Catch." He throws a pack of Beloxxi cracker biscuits to me.

"Thank you." I smile, opening it and munching on it.

"So, someone came to my house this weekend." I state and reach into my purse which I had carefully slipped the envelope into before leaving my desk. It is easier this way due to the complexity of carrying a bag everywhere.

"She dropped this. I know it is not true but I just want you to confirm it for me." I add, smiling and sliding the envelope across his table to him.

He picks it up and scans it before opening its content. His eyes widen in surprise before he speaks up.

"What is this supposed to mean?" He asks.

"Same thing I wondered." I say with a shrug of my shoulders. He just laughs and replies me.

"This is not true, please. This is probably photoshop editing." He says, debunking her claims. I sigh in relief and smile in his direction. I am glad that I did not go ballistic on him by taking what she said to be the truth.

"Okay, my work here is done. Take care." I say.

"Not so fast." He stands up to slide his hands behind my waist and gaze into my eyes before leaning to give me a kiss on the lips.

"I love you." He says, catching me off guard.

"I.." I say.

"Shhh." His finger goes to my lips before he speaks again.