Chapter 28.

UWA

The electrifying feeling as I step outside the bathroom is undeniable. Connecting my hair dryer to the power source, I turn it on and let it sit on my dresser, giving it some time to warm up. I proceed to cleaning the water on my skin using my towel then wrap it around my body.

I sit in front of the mirror and pick up the dryer which is already blowing out hot air and began applying the heat on my hair, aiding the process with a hair comb.

Into the process, I apply some hair products and get done with drying the hair. After that, I pack the hair to the centre and apply some gel at the edges to give it a smoother effect. I finish the look with a black hair doughnut packer before applying some make up on my face.

Next, I change into my outfit. An armless A-shaped yellow colored dress with a sweetheart neckline that stops just at my knees. To compliment the dress is a coffee brown slim strap belt on the waist, a brown bag and nude 4-inch heels.

I am going out on a date with Kayode this night and all the giddy feelings inside of of me are on the verge of exploding all over the place. What? I really like the guy and the fact that he is so sweet is the topping on the snack.

My mind drifts to the certain owner of captivating black orbs but as quickly as it does, I pull it back to this reality; my reality.

I give myself a once over in the mirror and damn did I look fine. If I was a guy, I would be head over heels for this person that stared back at me in the mirror. Haha, just kidding. I don't look bad, though and certainly not overdressed either. Simple and lovely.

A low whistle from Kayode makes me blush even more as I approach him.

"You look beautiful, baby." He says as he pulls me into a hug before kissing me shortly on the lips.

"Thank you. You don't look bad yourself." That is the absolute truth. He is wearing a black and grey senator outfit with matching cap and shoes.

He opens the car door for me to get in before rounding up to his own corner of the car. He gets into the car and drives off.

"You would have told me to come with an inhaler because at first sight, you took my breath away, babe." He says with a serious face, before bursting into a fit of laughter.

"God, Kay. The person that taught you that line did not try. What is that, please?" I laugh, responding to his dry joke.

"Tahh, I know it is not funny." He brings out his tongue to tease me.

After some time, he parks his car at Filmhouse Cinema and we step down to enter the place.

"Two tickets for Sugar Rush, please." My eyes widen upon hearing what he said.

"Sugar Rush? Oh my God, Kay." I give him a side hug as a result of my excitement.

"You've been talking about it non-stop the whole week, babe. So I said to surprise you with it." He says, grinning.

"Thank you." I have actually been yearning to see this movie and I am happy that he brought me here.

The attendant hands over the tickets to him and after buying popcorn amd coca cola, we head for the cinema hall to watch the movie.

Nearly two hours later, the movie comes to an end.

"Ah! So, these people want to do part two? Na wa o (little wonder)." I say, shrugging.

"What? You did not like it?" He asks, taking my hand in his as he leads me to the car.

"Not that I didn't like it. The starting was great but as the movie progressed, it started becoming boring and why did they have to end it like that?" I say with a frown on my face.

"You look cute with thay frown." He teases as we get in, strapping our seat belts. He starts the car and starts driving in a direction that is not my house.

"Oga, where are we going?" I ask.

"There is no way I will allow you go home like this. We are going for the second part of our date; to eat!" I chuckle in excitement, mouthing a 'thank you' to him.

....Meanwhile....

DEJI

The rate at which the week moves fast seems to have doubled because in the blink of an eye, today is Saturday and it is evening already. Timi and I are at the club in the VIP section, having a few drinks and talking.

Unlike on other days, there is no flavour of the night hanging on his arms anymore. His relationship with Shalewa is gradually growing on him.

"That's it. I am done with you being awfully quiet. What is wrong? And I don't want to hear nothing. So start talking." He says, staring at me as if daring me to do the opposite.

"Hmmmm. I don't know, it's about Uwa." I shrug.

"I knew it!" He says, grinning from ear to ear.

"Keep talking." He shrugs his shoulders to encourage me.

"I think I like her." I say to him.

"Hollup. Wait, repeat that." He says, grinning. I roll my eyes because I know what he is trying to do but nonetheless, I say it again.

"I think I like her." I huff afterwards.

"Wow. You think you like her or you like her?" He asks.

"I really don't know, it is confusing. I even asked her to go out with me." He chuckles when I finished speaking.

"But she is already dating someone or are you not aware of that?" I hiss at what he said because it pisses me off anytime I think about it.

"I asked her to go out with me way before then and she did not give me a reply and next thing, she starts dating that guy." I say with a scowl.

"Is that why you went back to being an asshole with her? Sorry but you deserved the asshole part." He says, ending it with a smirk.

"What she did was not cool." I say in defence.

"True, it wasn't and anyone will be angry." He says.

"Exactly. I also told her how I feel." I say to him.

"Man, don't you think that was too sudden? I mean, here you are, still clearly confused about the whole thing and you want her to stay with you based on that? Some ladies are not wired that way, you know." There is some truth in what he said, though. I just nod my head as he continues speaking.

"Also, I think you are just angry that she didn't say yes to you. You are already used to the ladies fawning over you." He says, smacking my arm.

"I would say you should start by being friends with her." He suggests.

"Since when did you become a preacher of love?" I chuckle, amidst my sour mood.

"You have your sister to thank for that, bro." He says, grinning.

"Thank you." I say to him. Now that I have spoken to someone else who is not Uwa about it, I actually do feel better.

Start by being friends with her. Timi's words keep repeating in my brain. I take a sip from my cup, studying my friend in disguise. Shalewa is doing this man good.

Deep down, it is still difficult to come to terms with their relationship but at the end of the day, they are both grown ups who I believe should be held responsible for their actions. Even though I still have my doubts, I have made the decision to let them be.

Start by being friends with her. Time to work on this.