Chapter 5.

DEJI

"Hello, handsome." The voice of  a lady is the first thing I wake up to this morning.

"What are you still doing here?" I ask her.

"I don't understand, we had a lovely time last night, right?" She says the last part seductively.

"Anyways, enjoy the room." I drop a wad of cash on the bed locker and stand up from the bed so I can prepare to leave.

"Fuck you, bastard!" She screams.

"You did that last night." I reply in amusement, as I put on my rolex. At least she is not like those other girls that will steal from you.

"Asshole." I chuckle at her reply and walk out of the room, closing the door. Well, Happy 30th birthday to me.

Way to start a new age, Ayodeji. I take the elevator to the lobby and get into my vehicle to head back home and prepare for work.

"Happy birthday to you, Guy. Your surprise awaits you today." Timi says to me the moment we meet at work this morning. So I just want to go to the club and pop some bottles but it seems this dude has something else planned for me.

"Could you at least tell me what it is since today has reached already." This suspense better be worth it.

"Don't worry. Trust me, I heard their services there are top notch." He says.

"Okay. If you say so." I shrug.

"Hello, bro. Happy birthday." Shalewa says, catwalking as she enters my office. I have a feeling that walk step is meant for someone A.K.A Timi.

"Shalewa, how far nau. You did not go to work?" I ask. Well, she works at dad's company as the CFO as she has a degree in Business Administration. I chose not to work there because I was tired of being under his shadows.

He did not support my notion of leaving so I made a pact to be left to start something of my own and if after three years and no level of success is attained, I will have to go back to work for him.

That alone was motivation enough because I put in my all to make a name for myself, working with Timi.
Talking of Timi, I watch as his eyes follow her figure like a hawk.

"Ahn ahn. You are not even happy I came to your office this early morning. Should I go back?" She uses her eyes to send daggers my way.

"Shalewa now, oya sorry. Thank you, baby sis." I say, hugging her and messing with her hair a little.

"Timi, good morning." She says, pretending like she did not see him earlier when I know her so well, she did.

"Good morning." He replies, pressing his phone. Okay, what just happened?

"I came to drop this." She hands over a box to me and smiles as she watches me unwrap it.

"Don't say anything." She shuts me up even before I speak.

"Thank you." I smile to her and she reciprocates it.

"Let me go to work before your father scolds me. Bye." I laugh at her retreating form.

"What was that?" I ask Timi.

"What?" He asks me, feigning ignorance.

"The way you and Shalewa greeted each other." I point out, stating the obvious.

"Nothing o. Maybe she is not in a good mood. You know girls and how they behave." He shrugs it off like it is nothing. You see why I don't want her with him? He is too non chalant when it comes to women sometimes. Well, it's not like I am any different but this is my sister we are talking about here. She is a no go area, simply off-limits.