Chapter 20.

Dedicated to maramartha Yemi2018

DEJI

In no particular order, three things are my antidotes for staying calm whenever I think I am going crazy. First option, having a chill out evening with Timi at the club. Second option, getting myself engrossed in work and forgetting every other thing around me. Third option, watching the sun set at a waterfall side. All of  these three things are supposed to help me but they will not work right now because of a certain woman in front of me.

For the first time ever, I take my time to study her features, thanks to the fact that she is sleeping right now and I can't help but notice how beautiful she is.

My legs find their way to the bed she is currently sleeping on and as I sit on it, I feel the weight dip in beneath me.

"She must be special. In my three years of working for you, You have never looked this way before because of any woman." Dr. Binta teases me. I just smile at her and focus my attention back on Uwa, watching her sleep.

"So, what was wrong with her?" I ask.

"Mainly stress and she is also on her period, nothing bed rest cannot solve. Please take it easy on her." She gives a small smile as she says that.

"I have dressed her injury too." She adds.

"Thank you." She just pats my shoulders before leaving the room.

After some time, I leave her to enjoy her rest. I pick up my phone and call Shalewa, instructing her to help in getting some supplies from the supermarket. I also give her instructions on how to get here.

"Bro, I came as fast as I could." I hear Shalewa's voice as she opens the door, catching my attention.

"Oh...kay.. this is different. Who is she?" She asks, still standing.

"My assistant." I reply her simply.

"It is not everyday I see my brother brooding over his assistant. Plus how you sounded over the phone, you like her, don't you?" She taps my hand like magic had just played in front of her.

"What? No." She rolls her eyes at my response. Like? Definitely not.

"Where is she, anyways?" She asks me, looking round the house.

I lead the way to the room, still met by her sleeping form.

"Wait, I know her." Shalewa says with so much certainty.

"From where? She is my new assistant, Shalewa and you have not been to my office since she got employed." I point out.

"I know her from Ihe's place." She rolls her eyes at she responds to me. Oh, her former place of work.

Uwa stirs in her sleep and her eyes flutter open.

UWA

Voices. What voices are these? Both of them seem familiar but the clusters in my head could not place a pin on them. Why are my eyes even closed? Where am I? Struggling, I open my eyes and I am met with a face. A familiar one.

"I know you." I say to her and she smiles back at me.

"Yeah." I reciprocate her smile, the kind lady. But what is she doing here? And where am I?

"You are at an apartment my brother brought you to. He called me after the doctor attended to you." She says to me, giving an answer to my un-asked question.

"Your brother?" I ask, still confused. Who is her brother, please?

"Yes, Deji." She answers, what a coincidence!