Chapter 4: Queen Is The Name

Start from the beginning

There were light groans and footsteps before the room fell in silence.

I slipped on a ripped givenchy tee shirt, black fitted jeans and made sure my sneakers matched the color of my shirt. I then threw on my gold bracelet and necklace and made my way downstairs.

"Goodmorning Ms. Knowles, I made you pancakes and-"

"Not hungry." I interrupted my chef, grabbing me a smoothie from the refrigerator and took a seat on one of the sofas in the living room.

The television played in the background while I scanned through my text messages, still somewhat listening to the crazy anchors on the screen.

There was a lot that went on for the past weeks so I was making sure that none of my soldiers got booked or worse.

: 411 on shortie?

I replied to some other business meetings and marketing schemes then averted my full attention span on the news channel. They were discussing many shootouts and arrests in our area but nonetheless, my people were out of that equation and still remained untouched.

I flipped through the channels before settling on some cartoon show.

My eyes slowly began to close in only a matter of seconds and I drifted into a deep slumber.

One click and my eyes were opened. I read the room and didn't notice anyone or anything different so I went back to sleep for a few minutes. Then I felt something soft brushing against my cheek and quickly rose to my feet but still didn't see anybody.

"Bruh, what the fuck." I sat back down, pondering and shaking my head.

"Ay, sista, you gonna eat your cornbread?" Someone whispered into my ear and I double quick to slap the shit person behind me but missed.

Chris and Dave removed themselves from behind the couches as I madly rose to my feet.

They were laughing their asses off, jumping up and down while pointing at me.

I ran my fingers through my hair, glaring at them, ready to dislocate their big heads from their shoulders.

I sucked my teeth. "Y'all play too much."

"YaLl PlAy ToO mUcH!" They mocked me.

"Yeah aight alvin and the chipmunks, keep playing pussy and watch y'all get fucked." I retorted and sat down on one of the sofa chairs, grabbing my phone from the coffee table.

"Whatever fruitcake, had your ass shook."

"Nah, your breath was just kicking." I said, going through my text messages. "Almost gave me an ear infection."

From the corner of my eye, I could see Chris secretly blowing his breath into his hand, arm, and sniffing the air afterwards.

Dave and I chuckled while he reached for the remote and game controller.

Cable guy📺: She just dropped her kids off boss. On her way to work now.

Cable guy: Need anything else boss? (8:01am)

: No. That'll be all

Ever since shortie tried that stunt at the projectz, people were destined to tag her ass for disrespecting me and for some reason, I wouldn't allow that to happen. On any other given day, I was all for clipping bitches but this one intrigued me in some sort.