Chapter 60: Happily Ever After

Saturday.

The night crept up fast as greased lighting, soothing discomfort that the day has left behind

The night crept up fast as greased lighting, soothing discomfort that the day has left behind. It was snug and still until the game turned on.

Leave it to the Brady brunch to be loudmouths and awake the whole neighborhood. The mad bickering startled everybody in their sleep.

"Let them be." Onika murmured, snuggling her head more up against my torso.

"This don't make no sense." I complained.

"They'll die down soon, just enjoying the last day in this house. Come on babe."

"I don't like it. People got a lotta of shit to get done in the morning. Pack. Clean. Are they forgetting we got to board a flight later on tonight? Yo."

She yawned. "They're just having fun."

In double quick time, a loud thud quaked the entire hallway.
Glass shattering and blaring laughter could be heard straightaway.

"You call that fun? Tearing up shit?"

"Stop being a big grumpy cat." She chuckled softly.

"I am not .. just wish they have some sort of control and respect of others." I retorted.

She pushed out a groan and curbed in my embrace, throwing her thigh on top of my waist. Light snoring soon fell out of her mouth.

Heavily sighing, I massaged her booty and used my other hand to prop my head up. Indignation flashed through me as the speaker crackled and bass drum filled half of the home.

Ma had took our kids to the other side of the resort in order to give us grown-ups alone time. But most of us were down for the count.

The clock past midnight but that didn't seem to put a stop to the wash up bumpkins. Instead of tapping snooze, these people just caroused.

"Aye! Watch, watch, she say don't blame Mr Charlie, Mr Charlie is j-just a man and he's doing the best he can. Aye! Y'up." Trex slurred.

"Come on, that's enough. Gimme the bottle!"

"Mmm! Hold on, ooh that's why I still love you like I do, though you still do me like— AYE! Stop fucking playing with bitch. Let mm. go. mm."

There was a huge scuffle before the record abruptly came to end and an argument started. Slur and low blows were thrown left to right.