Chapter 64: Thick of It

-

Some would dream of their bridal dress by the age of sixteen and wait for the charming prince when the clock struck twelve.

Yet, it would had seemed that those pretty little dreams had passed me on by. Or atleast it was the case in my old childhood chronicles.

Money? Yes. Power? Yes. Respect? Yes. But to go on skipping down the aisle? Welp, that necessarily didn't cross my mind til a year ago.

It came across as a blob but overtime ... things just clicked. Calm is what I felt whenever we got around each other. Even through all our arguments, she still remained my peace.

In such a small timeframe, she had managed to show me the true meaning of love. To turn on all the lights inside this dark tunnel of mine.

Sharing life with her would be the greatest triumph in this world. All that's left to do is to get married especially when you love someone as much as I do.

"So Divine Garden?" Paisley reiterated.

"Lovely."

"Yeah. That's fine."

"Okay! It comes with an upscale room, capacity of five hundred guests including the chef and servants for the reception

"Okay! It comes with an upscale room, capacity of five hundred guests including the chef and servants for the reception. Of course, adding on more guests like requested would bump the cost to nearly thirty-five thousand. Budget cut?"

Onika nudged my leg and I looked up to see almost everyone smiling at me. There was something deep within that felt hit by the insult.

It was obvious that money could never be the issue especially in the past ten years. Yet, my fiancée was traditional, too mindful of her woman's finances to cop fifty-thousand peonies.

So I'm sure anyone could imagine how these snobs perceived her critiques. Less meant cheap to many which was pig-ignorant.

I chuckled. "Nah. No budget cuts."

"You sure? I can surely work magic in any—"

"Nope. We're good."

"Great!" He chirped. "Moving along, for fine scheme and color, we have blush and green, white and blue, champagne and ivory, and lavender. Do any of them spark a interest?"

"Blush is cool." I said.

"So is ivory and white." Onika replied.

"Hmm... we can also go with vibrant raspberry nice selection, that's a little bit of everything you two had named. Best of both worlds."