Chapter 17: Can You Blame Me

The ride home was cold silence.

Sad, slow jams blasted through the speakers as she drove us to my crib

Sad, slow jams blasted through the speakers as she drove us to my crib. The kids slept peacefully in the backseat.

I was at loss for words and oblivious on how to fix or go about this situation. Reminiscing about him was invalid to say the least.

"It's freezing in here." I mumbled.

Babes reached over to turn on the heater without making a sound. Not lot of things got underneath my skin except being ignored.

Candi💋💅🏾: How was the party?
Candi💋💅🏾: You did stash me a plate right 👀

: We'll be pulling up soon.

When we arrived at the house, Candi and Charles helped us out with the kids. I started to hop out of the car until she gripped my thigh.

"You coming Nic?" Charles yelled out.

"Uh yeah .. gimme a minute." I murmured.

"Cool later Queen."

She chucked up the deuces and leaned back more in her seat. We spared a few more minutes of silence before I grew some balls.

"Look, before you start to-"

"You fucking around on me?" She questioned.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Come again?"

"Are you two screwing again?"

"Huh? What the fuck are you even talking-"

"Answer the question." She snapped.

"Robert- Hell no!" I retorted. "You got some nerve to even say sum shit like that!?"

Bey chuckled lowly. "Don't bullshit me moe."

"Bullshit- I have no reason to lie to you!"

"So his ass popping up at Mom's house was just a fucking coincidence? Huh? Or how about going to your father's house-"

"Hold on! I would never cheat on you and that's so low that you'll ever feel like-" I sniffled in between words. "You can't trust me."

More tears streamed down my face but she didn't seem to notice or care. I disliked being accused of anything at all.

Beyoncé knew that shit too!