Chapter 3: Laundry Day

Laundromat.

The weekend quickly rolled on by and late summer had finally crept across the town which only increased more shootouts and heat strokes

I was keeping to myself more than ever, alongside with my kids, going to work then straight home. No dates. outings. picnics.

There many stories and rumors regarding the altercation between me and that hoodlum. I always had a cute strong stomach especially to circumstances as such but feeding into some gossip, all that mucho crap no longer existed. I was very conscious of home. children. surroundings.

I questioned a lot of things since that showdown.

Some good. some not so good.

We couldn't even go to the store or mall without being gawked at or someone whispering things underneath their breath about us. The spotlight was on me which I resented a lot.

In addition, I didn't know much about the woman besides basic folktales that were spread throughout town.

Hell! People worshipped her like God and wouldn't dare to speak ill of her. It slightly intrigued me how one woman could put fear in an entire city without lifting a finger.

Sure there were some wildcats that tried to act tough but none bold enough to step to her or her little minions.

I wished things were different.

I might've overstepped my boundaries but there wasn't anything I would not do in order to keep my children out of harm's way. That was my downfall sometimes.

"Mama where the whites go?" Khalil asked me, holding a pile of white clothes.

"Put those in the small one." I answered, pointing at the machine on the left side of him.

"Mommy! Mommy! what can I do?" Maya beamed, jumping up and down.

"Go grab that black bag on the bench."

She nodded and took off running. I laugh, shaking my head and continuing separating and stuffing clothes inside of the machines.

Out of all the days, my father allowed me to use his old Cadillac on a fucking hot Thursday. The old man clock in his own hours at the church yet chose this specific out of spite.

Robert wasn't thrilled when he heard about me fighting the neighborhood's demon. He was slightly spooked too.

After I got finished putting some clothes in the washing machines, I went to help Maya with the rest of the bags and sort out the cleaning supplies.