Chapter 27: Get It Together

-•

Our raucous voices could be heard throughout this small neighborhood and closed door. She went on and on about irrelevant bullcrap. I was weirdly nonchalant which made matters worse.

"So you got nothing to say?"

"I'm trying–"

"You're so green dawg." She interrupted once again while shaking her head. "One argument and you already tryna to bounce on the next nigga?!"

I bitterly chuckled. "It's not even like that girl–"

"I do everything for your ass yet that's not enough for you, is that it? You're never satisfied right?"

"Pardon was I s'uppose to answer that?"

She stopped pacing back and forth, placing her hands on her hips, and glared at me. I rolled my eyes, threading my fingers through my hair.

"Wow."

"Yeah Wow." She deadpanned. "My mama always warned me about trifling bitches like you."

"Watch your fucking mouth!" I retorted.

"I don't care! Where your shorty at? Huh? Homie got another thing coming if he THINK he about to parade around town with you! I'll set that nigga on fire before I ever let that happen! Then your— you really out here wilding!?"

"I did not fuck him!" I shouted. "You need to stop accusing of shit that you're guilty of!"

She sucked her teeth. "Don't try to flip the strip when you out sleeping with mad dudes–"

"I haven't done anything wrong to you!"

"Then WHY THE FUCK WAS YOU ON A DATE WITH HIM HUH? All ki-kiing with his bitch ass! Riddle me that TANYA!" She raged while stepping closer to me.

"He was an old friend. We wasn't on a date okay? We were just catching up on old times."

She let out a mirthless laugh."Friends? Who you fooling?"

"You really don't believe me?" I croaked.

"Here you go with that crybaby ass shit when you-"

I felt my chest tightened after hearing those words leave her filthy mouth. Tears ran down my face as I desperately tried to keep them from falling.

"Fine. I-I'm so good."

I threw my hand up and stormed out of the room without uttering another word. I soon felt lightheaded as a minor migraine washed over me.

"Calm down. Breathe." I coached myself.

When I made it inside of the house everyone scattered all around the living room, pretending to be watching shows or too busy in their phones.

So not the case.

It was obvious that they were ear hustling but I didn't have the energy to fight anymore. I was so drained and couldn't stop my heart from aching.