Chapter 51: Put That Woman First

Onika Maraj.

Autumn was supposed to be a wonderful time of the year, well excluding feast-day

Autumn was supposed to be a wonderful time of the year, well excluding feast-day. Out with the old. In with the new. It was a season of change and revelation.

I was so adamant about spending quality time with family during the holidays since I used to not have any. To be blessed with some made me appreciate things.

Yet

Apart of me doubt that this season was going to be
special or even celebrated as one. School and work schedules didn't align well.

I spent most of my hours preparing for my grand opening and nuturing the children. There wasn't any time to rest and the time I tried squeezing out, was only during the night.

Being worn out from work and house duties, the only thing I could look forward was her cuddles. In which I felt Beyoncé took advantage of just to avoid confrontation.

Chile. What a mess!

"Goodmorning Onika!" Ms. Dawson chirped.

I flashed a shy smile, waving while stalking across the street to the small building. "Hello Dawson."

The elderly white woman had always been so polite ever since I opened the shop. Yet I kept my distances. Some people could smile at you and hate you in private.

"It's so cold." I murmured.

Leave it to fall to be season that has the most bipolar weather ever in mankind history. Today was suppose to be clear skies hence why I wore seamless leggings.

Instead of the sun beaming our face, we were greeted with fog and light showers. Bey's old college sweater wasn't protecting nun especially with this sports bra underneath.

"Shit."

"Another day, another dollar huh?"

"That's the plan." I responded while struggling to unfasten the locks on the store front door. "Come on. Come on."

Sooner rather than later, someone crept behind me and placed their hands over mine. I looked up to see a familiar face whom popped the lock in seconds.

She then stepped away and my eyes quickly fell on the comely stranger before me. I folded my arms underneath my chest and kicked at the floor.

Standing at least over five feet, the petite woman didn't look a day over twenty. Tattoos decorated her body and jet black curls hung over her shoulder.