The new chief

Chapter 21: The new chief

Elyas P.O.V

Its been a few weeks since I returned home and Alexandra and I have gotten back together. We had a dragon attack yesterday but I easily trained the dragons. Ive showed mum around Berk and she was impressed on how much I had done for everyone here. Now Darkstorm and I are flying back to Berk from a trip to another island to get some metal supplies.

"How you feeling bud? Ready to see our family again?" I ask my dragon. He grumbles in reply and nods his head.

We reach Berk and I drop of the metal at the forge and then go home. I have a surprise for my dad and mum which should make them both happy. I open the door to find all the gang there and my parents as well as my uncle George. He helped raise me when I was younger and he was an excellent craftsmen. He taught me everything I know.

"Hey guys and uncle George what are you doing here?" I ask very curious

"Hello Elyas, your father invited me to stay here so I've moved here now. But I'm quite surprised to here you saved the world from a dragon the size of a mountain let alone train one" he said sounding proud of me.

"Hehe it was nothing really. Anyway mum I got you this necklace made of diamonds." I gave her the necklace and she gasped and gave me a big hug.

"And dad for you this hammer." I gave him a box with a hammer I forged with some Gronckle iron. I engraved on the side 'the past chief'.

He saw it and said "why does it say the past chief, I'm still chief aren't I?" He was quite confused right now.

"Well dad you are chief but not for long" I say while smiling like an idiot. I decided it was time seeing I'm 22 now.

"You mean your ready? Ho ho ho today my son becomes a man". He shouts so loud the neighbours tell him to pipe down. All the gang just laughed at him being weird.

He gave me a giant hug and pulled me outside to the great hall while everyone else told the village to get to the hall. Once we were inside the crowd kept on asking questions like 'what are we doing here?'. Dad hushed the crowd and started talking.

" You all know I'm the chief and I'm getting much older to run a whole village. So since no chief could ask for a better successor I've decided to retire and make my son the new chief of Berk".

With that the whole village erupted in cheers that could be heard in Valhalla. I stepped forward still smiling like an idiot. The elder came in front of me and I bowed down to her height. She grabbed a coal from her bag and rubbed her fingers on it then drew a symbol of chiefs on my head. I stood up when she was done and stepped closer to the crowd.

"The chief has come home" shouted Damo beside me raising my left arm.

I did a slight nod to the crowd and turned to the gang who were jumping up and down screaming. I laughed and the dragons came around me with Darkstorm beside me. They all roared and shot their blasts of fire to the roof which turned into fireworks.

---------Time skip---------

Now we are having a feast in my honour. There's chicken, yak, fish you name it. There are drinks no one would even think of. I was sitting in the chiefs chair which was a little large seeing it was made to fit my dads size. I was watching the village having a good time singing and dancing. Alexandra came up to me with a tray with some drink on it.

"Hey chief you look thirsty have a drink of this. I call it yaknog" she said smiling and I smiled back.

"Sure thing sounds good" with that I grabbed the cup and took a sip. It tasted disgusting so I just let it stay in my mouth.

"Wow it must feel good to rule a village huh anyway I gotta go spread some yaknog around bye" she waved bye and I waved back. Once she was out of sight I spat the yaknog in a nearby bucket.

I think we should go out and do something so I decided a race wouldn't hurt. I got to the front of everyone and got there attention.

"Excuse me but I decided on having a dragon race to kill some time" I shouted to everyone and they all liked the idea so we headed to the race line.

All the gang lined up and the racing announcer came with his megaphone.

"On your marks, get set, GO!!" He shouted as I bolted forward.

We all flew me in the lead, the Alexandra, next Damo, then Josh, the twins and finally Alex. We did tricks to show off to the village and finally landed with me in first place. The crowd cheered as I walked to the chief chair.

"LONG LIVE THE CHIEF, LONG LIVE THE CHIEF!" The whole village shouted and the dragons all shot fire into he air.

This is Berk

A bit trampled and busted

But its home Its our home

This who attacked us are relentless and crazy

But those who stopped them Ohh even more so

We may be small in numbers

But we stand for anything this world can put against us

We are the voice of peace and bit by bit we will change this world

Some people have armies and sure they have armada's

But we, we have our dragons