The long journey

Chapter 2: The long journey

Aww man today we go on that stupid camp I thought as I woke up from a bed in the back shed. It wasn't very comfortable but it was good enough. I walked back inside and ate some breakfast then went onto packing my clothes and other things for my school trip to some old island called Berk or whatever.

I never heard of it but all I know is that there are bears and deer's thanks to our history teacher Mr Fornten. Once I finished packing I walked back to the shed and looked at my sword, shield and helmet. I stared at them for a while and threw them into my bag hiding them as best as I could. There is only one thing left and that is my first invention well not that much of an invention its just an armour with shoulder pads but I think it looks good. I went to grab it and realised my mask goes with it 'well this old thing might come in handy while we're there' I muttered to myself packing the armour away.

Dad beeped the car horn calling for me to hurry up so I locked the doors and ran into the car making sure I didn't bump the bag making the sword open. We traveled in silence until dad said

"I got you something that your great grand father asked my dad to give you. Its a side bag with a dragon symbol on the side. This dragon symbol has been in our family for generations and is said to be the most terrifying dragon something like a dark blurry or something."

When he finished I thanked him and looked at the dragon and felt my heart race faster. I shook my head and focused on the road again....

We made it a few minutes ago and I said bye to my dad and got on the bus in the middle section of seats. I focused on was what my dad told me earlier on the way. This dragon has been apart of our family for generations what did he mean? I shook my head again and fell asleep. When I woke up all the kids were singing the stupid wheels on the bus go round and round song so I tried to tune them out and think about this place called Berk. I wonder if its a nice place or if there are any people living there? Just as I finished thinking the bus stopped and the kids piled off so I grabbed my bag and made my way to the dock where we were getting a boat to Berk seeing its in the middle of the ocean. We boarded and set off into some fog that wasn't to thick but still scary. Soon I again fell asleep.

-------------------

Time skip

-------------------

Finally we arrived and the place looks quite decent all round. We all got a room to ourselves seeing there were so many houses around so I walked off to mine. The inside was quite cool and looked as if Vikings had lived here before. I walked up stairs and saw a room with carvings and sketches quote like my shed to tell you the truth  but one thing caught my eye. In the back there was a picture of a man and his dragon and the man looked like me and the dragon looked like the one on the bag. For a second I thought about if this man could of been and ancestor and he could of had a dragon. But thats impossible dragons didn't exist or did they become extinct like the dinosaurs.

--------------------

Flash back

--------------------

"Elyas our family is very important in history one day you will learn about an ancestor called Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III who tamed a dragon and was the first to ride one. When that day comes you will tame the same species as did he."

----------------------------

End of flashback

----------------------------

Those were the words my grandfather used before his passing. Oh well I guess I'll just have to find out who the guy is in the picture to be sure of myself. I then turn to look for a bed where I find one with no mattress. I sighed and put the bag at the end of the bed and surprisingly fall asleep very easily on the plank bed.