History repeating itself

Chapter 5: History repeating itself

I woke up with Alex looking over me. I sprang up falling of the bed.

"What are you doing that is so weird?"

He looked at me seriously and spoke softly telling me what happened that night. My face turned pale hearing about darkstorms tail. I raced off to the cove, luckily I got used to running in my metal leg. I fell face first into the cove to find darkstorm curled up. He was asleep so I took this chance to inspect his tail wing. It looked painful so I tried to think of ways to make it better. I grabbed my dragon bag and pulled out some bacteria cleaner and cleaned up the blood and in a few seconds the whole thing was better. I looked surprised at the wound which was now gone and looked at darkstorm sleeping soundly. This is what Hiccup would of had to done for Toothless when he lost his tail wing. I got up and walked back through the woods towards home.

Once I got there I looked on hiccups desk for anything to fix darkstorms tail. I found a sheet that had a design that was attached to a saddle. The design showed a replacement for the tail wing and could be controlled with my left foot. But the foot hole didn't fit a normal foot it fitted a metal one like mine. I put the sheet on my back pocket and walked to the forgery. I started making a saddle. Luckily there was enough leather and metal to make the whole thing. I put down the supplies and started working.

-----------------------

Time skip

-----------------------

Done. That saddle was the hardest thing I ever made and the back tail was just as hard but now its done so all I have to do is hope it fits darkstorm and everything will be fine. I walked out of the house with a basket of fish and walked to the cove. Darkstorm was awake and was trying to catch fish in the lake but was failing miserably. I called him and he turned with puppy dog eyes and slowly approached me. I guess he was scared I was gonna attack him like Joshua. I opened the basket and piled out the fish and smiled at darkstorm. He looked at me happily and started munching down on the fish, choosing his favourites first. I sneaked behind him and started attaching everything. Strangely he didn't realise I was putting anything on him. Once I was done he finished to and looked at me confused. He then looked at the tail and smiled. Suddenly his wings widened and he started flying into the air. I tried to call him back because the tail wouldn't work without me. He started falling and landed softly in the lake. He swam back up to me and frowned.

I told he can't fly without me now and he nodded in understanding. I hopped on his back and attached my feet to the pedals. I asked if he was ready and once again he spread his wings and took of with great speed to the air. I looked down at my cheat sheet I had attached to the saddle and put my foot into position.

He started to go higher and I screamed "YEAH BABY"!! Then suddenly I fell of the saddle and started falling down with darkstorm.

I screamed "you have to try and angle yourself". His tail knocked me in the face and I moved further away.

He started straightening out and I grabbed the saddle handle. I reattached my feet and grabbed the cheat sheet trying to find out what position to do. Darkstorm opened his wings and we started to glide over the trees nearly hitting them. I looked up and saw we were heading straight to a massive sea stack. I threw the cheat sheet away and started moving my foot to where I thought it should go. We started turning and doing rolls avoiding all the rocks and made it to the other side in one piece.

I raised my hands and screamed "YEAH"!!! Darkstorm smiled and shot a fireball and it exploded making the flame hit me pushing my hair all the way back.

We got back to Berk and landed in the cove I said goodnight to darkstorm and started walking off. He stopped me and gave me the puppy dog eyes. I rolled my eyes and we flew quietly in the night to my house. We walked upstairs and he sat on a stone bench falling to sleep quickly. I went to the desk and looked at the designs and stopped on this one specific one. I looked to darkstorm and nodded to myself. Tomorrow was going to be another day of making things.