Peg leg

Chapter 3. Peg leg

I woke up smiling and not actually being tired like I am in my normal bed. It was quite cold so I decided to go for a jog around the island. I stepped out and looked out into the distance admiring the beautiful view. I started walking through the forest and found a cove. I walked around the small lake in the middle looking into its depths. I then heard a rustle and turned to see a large beast jump on me.

I screamed "HELP" as loud as I could when suddenly the beast got off and I calmed down.

I looked the beast up and down and realised it looked just like the one on my bag as the one in the picture. The only thing was he had both his tail wings unlike the one in the picture with that man. It had to be a dragon for sure and then my heart started beating like crazy again. I stepped forward and held out my hand but the dragon growled at me and bit me on the left foot. I screamed as he ate half way up the bottom half of my leg. It then looked up and smiled and flew off but as it flew away it watched me but didn't come back. I collapsed to the ground and passed out.

I woke up still laying on the ground. I looked up and saw five others standing near me. Joshua my cousin, the twins Daniel and Vanessa, Alex and Alexandra. They looked at me and snickered but Alex and Alexandra just stared. I slowly got onto my right foot and hopped to a stick to use it as a couch. I started making my way to the house I was staying in. I looked at my left leg that had stopped bleeding and started to scab. I reached the house and went upstairs to think about what I'm gonna do with a foot missing. I walked over to the desk to clear my head and focus on something else when I found a draw with a bunch of papers. I flicked through amazed at what I saw. They were drawings of inventions and one of them looked just like my armour but this one had wings so I guessed it was a glide suit. I flicked through a few more pages when I found a foot design and it was a left foot. It had a metal bottom with a kind of barrel around the top. I saw it could turn into another foot so 'HICCUP HORRENDOUS HADDOCK III COULD RIDE HIS DRAGON TOOTHLESS'.

No way I'm related to the man who first trained a dragon. He also lived in this house and lost his left foot to the same dragon as I did. They were called night furies and were the rarest of them all. I started to think about the night fury that ate my leg and thought what he could be called? I decided I will think about that later and focus on building myself a metal leg with hiccups designs.

I walked out of the house making sure no one saw me and made my way to any place that looked like a forgery. It only took a few seconds until I found one so I quickly hopped into it and grabbed the materials needed for the foot.

---------------------

  Time skip

---------------------

Done. It look quite good. I also made the dragon riding foot part cause it could possibly come in handy. Maybe. I added cushioning so it would hurt when I walked on it and I practiced a bit before walking to Hiccup house and back. I decided to practice running and that didn't turn out well with me tripping and landing in some mud again. I walked back again to Hiccup house and got out my armour because it was the warmest thing I had. I then turned to the desk where I saw his armour and the wings. I wanted to fly as well but I decided to wait on it before I did that. I walked to what looked like a gathering hall to find all of my year in there eating lunch to my surprise. I walked slowly to where the food was being served. Everyone turned to me as someone called out and pointed to my foot. They all laughed and called me stupid names like one foot Larry and so on. When the teacher saw she screamed and fainted so I quickly grabbed my food and dashed off to Hiccups house. I sat on the side of my bed and put my head in my hands. Suddenly I heard a loud roar. I looked out the window and around the area where the cove was, in the air a black dragon flew in the air but not just any dragon. It was the night fury.