A new bond

Chapter 7: A new bond

Alexandra had returned to her home and me and Darkstorm went out for a morning flight. As we reached the clouds I thought about what all my year would say about darkstorm. They might try and take him and make him their dragon. I shook my head and thought about what dragon I could get Alexandra. I added a pouch on my armour so it could hold the book of dragons and read about any dragon I come across. I had already thought she would be great with a Deadly Nadder.

Me and Darkstorm landed at my house and he went upstairs to his massive fish bowl. We go out and fish all the time at night.

I told him "stay here while I go to Alexandra's house". He just growled happily.

I stepped outside and ran to her place knocking on the door hardly. I heard footsteps and she opened the door. I tumbled back after seeing her. She had bed hair so it was everywhere and she had bags under her eyes. She put her hands to her hips and said

"its your fault making me get into that book of dragons oh and by the way where is darkstorm"? I told her he was at home and she smiled and said

"is there something you wanted"? I smiled back with my hands behind my head and said

"well if you want a dragon I'd be ready in six minutes or so....." Before I could finish she bolted upstairs and was down in the blink of an eye in a red shirt with a blue skirt.

I opened my mouth and she answered the question in my head "yes I dress fast when I'm excited."

We got on darkstorm and started flying over Berk. We reached a forest and I let darkstorm rest. I started looking in all directions for the dragon that I thought was good. All of a sudden a Nadder jumped in front of Alexandra and I pushed her out of the way of a spine shot. Nadders shoot spines from there tails in defense.

I told her to get up slowly and walk to me. She did as told and I told her that this was the dragon I thought she could be partnered with. She looked at me and whispered

"are you insane it nearly killed me." I told her it was in defense and she gulped.

I pulled out my flame sword which I had named Inferno, and waved it around a few times. The dragon became mesmerised by it and dropped to the ground. I walked forward and stuck out my palm. It pushed its head closer and touched my palm. I kept my palm there and grabbed Alexandra's arm and put her palm in my place. The dragon looked at her and she gave me a hug thanking me.

After all that I asked her if she wanted to name it.

She thought about it and said "how about Stargazer"? I smiled and nodded my head while turning back to the front looking where we were going.

Alexandra spoke up after a minute of silence and squeeled " so this is what it is to be a dragon huh"? I thought came into mind and I thought that she might as well know the new feature of the armour.

I turned to her and said excitedly "its all well and good to call yourself a dragon but can you fly"? I stuck my tongue at her and jumped of darkstorm.

He kept his wings still and he glidded awkwardly looking at me nervously. I put my hands into flaps I had on the bottom parts of my leg and metal leg and stretched my hands to my sides. Two leather wings came to my side and I started gliding. I popped a button on the stomach part of my armour and a back fin came out making my glide less wobbly. I saw a sea stack I was heading to.

"Darkstorm its now or never" I shouted to my faithful dragon.

He struggled and shot at the rock making it fall so I wouldn't hit it while gliding under me. I grabbed onto the saddle as we fell to the ocean. I put my leg into place and pulled up. Darkstorm swooped up flying back up to Alexandra.

She looked at me with her jaw almost hitting her dragon. She quickly spoke up stuttering

"a-are you ok? You could of died are you crazy"? I turned and smiled saying "if I'm ok then there nothing to worry about."

We turned the way to Berk and landed at my house. We told the dragons to go upstairs and have a rest. Then we both went down to the forgery and started to make a saddle for stargazer. Alexandra asked for so many things like a part where she can put an axe (which means I have to make her one) the saddle need handles and foot rests, a back basket so she can carry some kind of supply and a medium sized basket on both sides of the back for dragon food for stargazer. I sighed and she frowned and left me to do the work. I started drawing up plans and making her axe first. It was going to be a long night.