Supposed to be gone

Chapter 6: Supposed to be gone

I woke up with darkstorms head crushing my body. He started licking me on the face so I pushed him off. I smiled and he smiled back.

I told him "today is going to be amazing".

We woke up very early and it looked like everyone else was asleep still. We went down to the forgery and darkstorm started throwing buckets looking for fish.

All of a sudden Alexandra came around the corner and asked " Elyas what is all that noise?"

She saw darkstorm and was about to scream when I covered her mouth. She kicked me in the leg and I loosened my grip. She pointed to darkstorm and started stuttering.

"Wh-who i-is wha-what?" Is all she said

She started running through the village to the teachers house. Me and darkstorm flew over and caught her taking her high into the air.

I had to make her keep him a secret so I told her "you need to give me a chance to explain".

But she snapped back and said "i dont want to hear anything you have to say".

I stuck down my hand for her to grab and said "then let me show you". She grabbed my hand and we took off.

Darkstorm went high and started gliding through the air. I turned to see Alexandra holding up her hands in the clouds. She patted darkstorm on the body and told him

"sorry for being scared of him". I asked her if she wanted to have a look at where we are staying from the sky.

She eagerly said "Yes"

So we changed course and headed to Berk. She gasped at how beautiful it was and covered her mouth. She told me thanks and suddenly darkstorm dived.

I asked "what's wrong bud?" But he ignored me and kept flying. Then another dragon came out of the clouds, then a second and then soon we were flying with thousands of them. I focused and Alexandra held on ducking behind me. The other day I found a book called 'THE BOOK OF DRAGONS'. It showed all known dragons and what they are called. I noticed all of them like Zipplebacks and Monstrous Nightmares. Also Gronckles and Deadly Nadders. I didn't even know they were still alive.

We flew for a few more minutes until we came to a huge island with a volcano. All the dragons went through tunnels and once we were in the mountain we hid behind a rock looking at what was happening. All the dragons were dropping their kills down the centre of the volcano.

I whispered "what a waste of live stock" when suddenly a massive light blue dragon head came through the centre of the volcano.

We froze and all the dragons hid themselves. The massive dragon started smelling the air and turned our way. I told darkstorm "time to get out of here" and he leaped forward flying to the exit.

The massive dragon reached for us but we were to fast and we flew off to Berk.

We arrived in the cove and Alexandra jumped off and asked me "what was all that about?"

I told her "I have no clue and that the dragon we just found should extinct." She looked at me like 'how do you know all this?'

I sighed and told her all the history on how my ancestor is Hiccup and he tamed the most dangerous dragon which is what darkstorm is and that dragon existed long ago but became extinct and they only recently came back from the ocean and have only started living here for now.

She stared for a few minutes and just shrugged it off. She asked me "what are you holding in your hand"

So I told her it is called 'the book of dragons'. I started flipping through the pages and found the dragon we just got attacked by. It was called a red death and it thought of itself as the queen of dragons. All dragon were afraid except night furies. Alexandra grabbed the book but it fell on a page of people called the DEFENDERS OF BERK! We looked at the people stunned at what we saw. Hiccup was on the page with five others. We all looked like one of them. Alexandra looked like a girl called Astrid, Alex looked like a big man called Fishlegs, the twins Daniel and Vanessa looked like the twins Tuffnut and Ruffnut and Joshua looked like a guy called Snotlout. We walked off to my house and sat at the table while darkstorm went to sleep. We studied the book all night when finally we were done Alexandra slammed the book closed and stood up saying

"I WANT A DRAGON"!