The Nightmare

SETTING THE SCENE...

It's 2 years after Ziva's departure and both Tony and Zi have had a difficult time adjusting.

TIVA vid for you to enjoy!
-smedegaadd3105

So when Ziva comes back to the US because she wants her old life back, she embarks on a journey, uncovering the unexpected.. (*dramatic music)

Along the way, she makes some surprising conclusions about Bishop and Jake, learns to forgive herself, and revisits her imprisonment at Saleem's camp.

Then she gets shot at, becomes pregnant, and figures out her feelings for Dinozzo.

There's a lot in store for you, so keep on reading!

Xoxo ~J

....

NOW FOR THE FIRST CHAPTER..

A bloodcurdling scream pierced the cool night as Ziva sprinted through the darkness gun in hand, panting hard. Her footsteps echoed hollowly on the cement ground of the abandoned building, and sweat ran down her face.

"Tony!" she screamed, lurching to an abrupt halt to listen for a reply.

"Come on Tony. Come on. Where are you?" she muttered desperately, her sneakers screeching on the floor as she frantically searched for a sign- anything that would help her find him.

A few tense seconds of silence passed, and then another scream of pain and terror reverberated around the empty building.

"No!" she screeched. "Don't hurt him!"

Infused with fiery anger and hatred, Ziva ran up the stairs two at a time, the weak flashlight beam her only source of light. Pushing open the wooden door that led into the dark room, she stormed inside, gun held high.

Drawing back in disgust and horror, she let out a small whimper at the sight of him.

The bloody gash on the side of Tony's puffy forehead bled, and the raw flesh of his cheek wounds had become deadly infected, turning a blue and black color.

"Wake up!" she thought to herself. "Wake up, wake up!"

A hooded figure came out from the darkness, carrying a sharp knife. The blade glinted in the dim light. Holding it high, he turned to Ziva, catching her by surprise, and threw down her gun.

"Have you any last words to say to him?" he smirked, sarcasm dripping from his lethal voice.

Ziva turned towards Tony, and stared into his eyes. It couldn't end like this.

There had to be a happy ending.

"Your time is up," the hooded figure observed after a few brief seconds, and with one swift move of his blade, Ziva's world turned a splurge of electrifying reds and ghostly blacks.

"No! NO! NOO!" The shrill buzzer of her alarm woke her from her nightmare.