Epilogue

**This is a double update so if you haven't read chapter 52, read that first!!!

On the drive home from dinner I turn down the volume of the music with my free hand slightly so that I can hear the small voice singing along to the music in the back seat. Darcy definitely has her dad's ear for music, and for a four year old she stays in tune fairly well.

Harry rubs his thumb over mine as he turns into our neighborhood, and Darcy stops mid lyric. "Mommy, can I go play with Harper tonight?" She asks excitedly. I shake my head no, turning over my shoulder to speak to her.

"Not tonight, bug. You have your last day of pre-school tomorrow and it's already getting late. Right when we get home it's bath time and then bed." Darcy pouts her lips, and she looks just like me when she does it. Most people say she looks like an equal mix of us, blonde hair with green eyes. She has my nose but her dad's dimples and lips.

"Daddy?" She tries, knowing it's impossible for him to say no to her. Harry gives my hand a tight squeeze before meeting her eyes through the rearview mirror. "Your mum is right, baby. But you'll have an entire summer to play with your cousins, I promise."

Scott, Kelly's husband, ended up getting transferred to California through his job about a year after Harper went into remission. She's been cancer free for six years now, and Darcy definitely attached herself to her. In a lot of ways the two are a lot alike.

Darcy pouts in the backseat for just a second longer before she begins singing along to the radio again. When Harry pulls into the driveway of the house I've owned for years, Darcy begins unbuckling herself from her booster seat.

"Do you want to help her get her school stuff together and I'll grab Jude and give him a bath?" Harry asks, letting go of my hand. I nod my head before getting out of the car and opening Darcy's door for her. She jumps out and runs into the house, blonde pigtails bouncing.

Before I follow her, I watch as Harry gets the half asleep toddler out of his carseat, resting him on his hip as he reaches down to grab the diaper bag. Jude rests his head on Harry's shoulder, his chubby cheek squishing slightly. I know I'm biased, but I think he might be the cutest baby I've ever seen. I know a lot of people say he looks just like Harry, but I also see a lot of Jared in him.

I watch as Harper gets her school bag together and cleans up the toys scattered across her room. Once everything is ready for the morning I draw the bath for her, at which point she kicks me out. Apparently she's too big for my help now, but instead of feeling offended, I laugh it off. She definitely got her sense of independence from me.

On my way out of her room I stop outside the bathroom across the hall, the door slightly ajar. I lean against the doorframe, watching as Harry crouches down while he wraps Jude tightly in a fresh towel. Neither of them notice me, Harry singing quietly to his son.

Hey Jude, don't make it bad

Take a sad song, and make it better

Remember to let her under your skin

And maybe you'll make it better

I smile softly to myself, my heart swelling. I think dad Harry is officially my favorite Harry. I almost feel like I could cry at the sight, but before the hormones can get the best of me, a little girl is calling my name for help.

Once Darcy is dressed in her pajamas I tuck her into her bed, smoothing the hair out of her face. I press a kiss to her forehead before moving to the outlet, switching on her nightlight. "Hey mommy?" she asks quietly, her voice sweet, "Can I get another kiss?"

A smile comes across my lips as I move back over to her bed. I press my lips to her forehead, and then her cheek, beginning to press kisses over every inch of her face. She giggles underneath me, but when I pull away her eyes are tired. "I love you sweet girl. Daddy will be in to say goodnight in just a minute, okay?"