Chapter 4

My alarm wakes me on Monday morning and I feel like a huge ball of emotions. The first day of filming is always the most nerve wracking and the most exciting day of shooting. Everything is always a frenzy, and it feels fresh having a new routine. Getting ready takes no time at all knowing they'll do my hair and makeup when I get there, so I throw on some joggers and a t-shirt, not caring how I look. I woke up before Celeste so I quietly made my way downstairs, not wanting to wake her. I reach the kitchen to grab breakfast, but think better of it. I've been working really hard with my trainer this past month, and the last thing I want to do is ruin the hard work by looking bloated while we film. Instead, I pour myself a cup of coffee and head out.

More than being nervous to shoot, I'm nervous to see Harry. I really need to apologize to him for the way that I acted. He probably doesn't care to hear me out, which I deserve, but I hope that he will. As I pull into the studio parking lot, I take a deep breath in an ill attempt to calm my nerves. I'm met by a familiar chill when I walk on set, the air conditioning blasting. I usually detest how cold it is on set but right now I welcome it. Hopefully it'll dry my sweating hands. I spot Harry talking to one of the crew members, and make my way over there, hoping to talk to him before we get started today.

"Hi I'm sorry to interrupt," I cut in, "Harry, can I talk to you for a second?" Harry looks somewhat surprised, but still excuses himself from his previous conversation and turns his body towards me. He doesn't speak yet, giving me the floor. I feel a knot in my throat and I have to clear it before going into the speech that I may or may not have rehearsed on the drive over here, "I just want to apologize for the way I acted last time. My frustrations aren't with you and you didn't deserve the backlash from it. I let some other things get in my way, so I guess what I'm trying to say, is that I'm sorry and I hope we can be friends," I rush the words out quickly. Confrontation has never been easy for me, so I want to get through this apology as soon as possible.

"I talked to Nina yesterday," my heart drops when I hear the words. Did he back out of the deal? Why would he have to talk to Nina? "I thought a lot about what you said, and you're right, I don't understand what you're going through or what it's like. So I told her we needed to be paid the same or I would walk. She said there wasn't room in the budget to give you a raise so I took the cut. We're getting paid the same now," I stare at him in disbelief. What can I even say to that?

"Harry... I- you didn't have to do that. I don't know what to say," I stutter the words out, still not grasping what he did. "Yes I did. It's not fair that I make more for this when you worked harder than I did. So I did need to do this. And I'd like to be friends too. Do you think we could do that?" His tone is serious but he has a soft smile on his face. I can tell he's being genuine. He should be angry with me. I haven't seen his contract but it's safe to assume that he just lost a lot of money because of me. But he doesn't look mad in the slightest. I think back to what Celeste said in our backyard, and I think she's right. This boy might be my greatest ally.

"Truce?" I ask him, holding my hand out. He shakes my hand firmly and agrees, "truce." His smile is wide now, his dimple on full display. I think I'm starting to understand why the whole world is wrapped around this man's finger.

Hair and makeup is by far the most relaxing part of my day. I sit in the chair with my eyes closed, letting the makeup artist do what she wants with my face. She finished quicker than I expected and stands back so I can get a good look at myself in the mirror. It's...odd. Usually I feel like my makeup is caked on but she went for a much more natural look today, soft and glowy. I feel... pretty. My blonde hair is in soft waves down my back and I can tell that the weight of these extensions are going to drive me nuts by lunch. But overall, it's not half bad.

I make my way to wardrobe next, excited to see what they put me in. My favorite part of acting is transforming into someone else, and the outfit is always what pulls it together. It's what finally makes me feel like I'm a different person. When I walk into the room I can already tell which rack is mine, loads of colorful dresses and blouses. I usually stick to neutrals, so the prospect of stepping out of my comfort zone makes me buzz with excitement. I'm handed a pair of jeans and a red floral long sleeve blouse. I go ahead and strip down, pulling the jeans over my legs. As I pull them up I realize that there's no stretch in them, and pray that they'll fit over my hips. With a little bit of jumping, they're on my body, and they button easily. I finally let out the breath that I didn't know I was holding. Thank god I skipped breakfast this morning.