Chapter 22

By the time I get to work the stress I experienced last night is basically non-existent. The endorphins are still flowing through my body from my workout, making me feel ready to tackle the day. This morning was a reminder of just how capable my body is while Shaun and I tested how far I could push it. I feel... positive. When I see Harry grabbing breakfast from craft services as I walk into the studio my mood brightens even more.

He's inspecting the food carefully, probably trying to tell if there's meat in it or not. I walk over quietly until I'm standing just behind his shoulder. "If you're not careful the food will bite back," I announce. Harry jumps and quickly turns around. Once he sees it's me, his face splits into a shit eating grin.

"Lily Jean how nice of you to finally show up," He abandons his plate and pulls me into a tight hug. He still isn't dressed for shooting, his worn tshirt soft against my cheek. I breathe him in for a moment, his classic scent flooding my senses.

"I missed you last night," I tell him before standing on my tiptoes to steal a kiss.

"Someone's in a good mood today," Harry pulls away and goes back to filling his plate with food. I grab one for myself and load it up with some fruit. "I had a really good workout this morning. Plus it was good to see Celeste last night. Even though we live together I feel like I barely see her anymore." I'm used to never being at home but lately Celeste has been so busy with school, it seems she's never there either.

"Speaking of friends," Harry starts, "my friend Kid is having a bonfire tonight. Would you maybe want to come?" He seems nervous as he asks which catches me off guard. It feels like he always expects me to say no to things, even though I almost always say yes.

"That sounds fun," I tell him honestly, "What time should I be ready?" I make my voice as enthusiastic as possible, hoping he knows I'm not faking it. I really am excited to meet his friends, and I want him to know that. He seems lighter once I agree, his eyes brightening.

"Um, well I was thinking we could just go straight from work? I can drive us and then you could stay the night? That way your car will be here for you in the morning?" Harry almost never invites me to his house, instead he always invites himself over to mine. I let out an exaggerated gasp in response.

"Is the Harry Styles inviting me over for a sleepover? At his house?" I begin to fan myself, wiping a fake bead of sweat off my forehead.

"Oh shut up," he pushes me, "is that a yes?" I have to stifle a laugh at the way his cheeks flush a bit. I think it's cute, how even though we've established that we're together he gets nervous to ask me things like this. But I suppose I get nervous about little things too...

"Yeah I'm game. But these are the only clothes I have, I might need to change," I look down at my oversized hoodie, long enough to disguise my shorts, and my beat up pair of Adida Falcons. I never dress up for work knowing there's usually no reason to.

"No worries, it'll be super casual. Promise," Harry holds up his pinky for reassurance. I wrap my own pinky around it, and my finger feeling tiny compared to his. His green eyes look into mine, a soft smile on his lips. I can't help but meet him with the same expression.

Harry comes into my trailer at the end of the day while I finish taking off my makeup. Usually I would insist on wearing at least a little bit when meeting new people but the weight of the stage makeup is miserable. Harry sits on the couch, a huge grin on his face while watching me go through the motions.

"What? Why are you looking at me like that?" I ask self consciously. I stop washing my face and wait for his response.

"It's nothing, I just like that you don't think you need to get super dolled up for these people is all. How much time do you need?"