Chapter 2

The second the word leaves my mouth, I can't believe that I agreed to this. It's only a few appearances right? I can go to lunch with someone. And as long as he continues trying to please everyone around him, I can handle going to a couple restaurants with Harry. You're Lilian Jean, you're strong, and you can handle him when he turns out to be a prima donna. Turns out that I needed that little pep talk more than I knew because like always, Nina Jacobson was already ahead of the game.

"Perfect, you guys. I hope you guys like sushi because there's a reservation for you at Nobu for lunch in thirty minutes. The paparazzi has already been tipped off so expect to be photographed. Have fun, get to know each other a bit, and don't forget to act like you like each other," Nina cheerily informs us. She walks around to our side of the table and squeezes both of our shoulders, "this will be so much fun!" she exclaims before exiting the conference room.

I feel like steam should be coming out of my ears. She was that confident I would say yes? "Want me to drive?" Harry asks. He's standing with his hands in his pockets, rocking back and forth on his heels. If I didn't know any better I'd think he almost seems nervous. "I think I'll drive myself and meet you there, but thanks," I tell him, digging my keys out of my purse.

"Oh come on," he starts, "I'm not going to let a girl drive herself on the first date." He flashes me that same charming smile from earlier, his dimple prominent on his cheek. "Well then, it's a good thing this isn't a date," I smile back at him, and walk out of the room. I don't want to come across rude, but I also want to assert some sort of dominance in the situation.

"Fiesty one isn't she?" I hear him say behind me, and Jeff and Robbie both let out a laugh. Good ol' Robbie, always the traitor.

Harry followed me out of the office and all the way to Nobu. As I put the car in park, I notice him rolling down the window of his white vintage Mercedes, so I do the same. "What exactly do we do here?" he asks me, "do we walk up together, or should I go up first and have you meet me? And if we walk up together, do we hold hands?"

"Okay first of all, don't act like you're committing a crime," I roll my eyes at him, "How about you go up first and wait for me outside the doors. When I get there just give me a hug like you're greeting an old friend." He nods his head, a determined look on his face. Once he exits his car, I pull out my makeup bag and do a quick touch up. Red lipstick, a little mascara, and I'm good to go. I don't want to keep him waiting long, so I get out of my Audi and remind myself to pull my shoulders back. I've been criticized for my posture my entire life, so the last thing I want is to get it photographed.

As I walk up the pathway, I only pay attention to the boy standing in front of me, not wanting the paparazzi to know that I see them from their horrible hiding place. Time to turn it on. I put on the best smile I can muster and walk with a purpose. He stares at his feet, but glances up when he hears my shoes clacking against the concrete. "Lily! Hey!" he says, far too enthusiastically. I plaster a smile on my face before reaching up to give him a quick hug. He surprises me by planting a kiss on the side of my cheek. That'll sell some tabloids. I could gag. He puts his hand on my lower back and guides me through the front doors of the restaurant. I have to give him credit, I really thought he was going to blow it for a second but he pulled it together.

We're sat at a secluded table on the patio, an unobscured view of the ocean beside us. I stare out at it for a second, wishing I was laying on the beach with a good book. I can't even remember the last time I had a free day like that. The sound of Harry clearing his throat brings me back to the moment, and I turn away from the ocean to look at him. "So," he starts, toying with the ring on his finger, "tell me a little bit about yourself."

"What is this? A job interview?" I scoff. Without skipping a beat he responds, "well with that blazer you're wearing it might as well be." He has a challenging look in his eyes, and I try to meet him with the same vigor.