"My mom has been on my neck for some time now and has been trying to match make me with the daughters of her friends. On that paricular day, she wanted to link me up with another one and I refused. It was mere transfer of aggression." He explains and walks closer to me, placing his hand on mine.

"I spoke to her about it because I found it strange too and she clarified everything. So, don't worry. All is well in that aspect." He says, reassuringly.

I just give him a small smile. I hope so too. I quietly wish within me.

•••••

After dressing up, I walk to the adjoining room to a Deji whose mouth is open in surprise as he stares at me from head to toe before whispering "you look dazzling" to me.

"Thank you. You do well at dress up too." Stealing a quick kiss from him, I also dish out compliments.

We stop at Jimi's room since all three of us plan to go to the party together

We stop at Jimi's room since all three of us plan to go to the party together. He has no date tonight as Shalewa could not accompany us here.

....At the party....

"Well, your relationship did not come as a surprise to me." He says, shrugging his shoulders as we danced before twirling me around.

"Why?" I reply as I face him again. His right hand goes to my waist, swaying our bodies to the music.

"Why do you say that?" I ask again because he didn't answer the question and because I am also curious.

"Remember when we went out and I told you I could not get you? Well, I sensed that he liked you since that time which was why I backed off." He says, shrugging.

"Uwa." Deji says, yanking me off the dance with Kwame and dragging me out of the hall, giving room for alot of drama.

"Release my hand!" I yell at him as we approach the exit door.

"No!" His voice comes out hard and angry. What the hell is wrong with this man?

Before I can even realise, I am thrown into the back seat of the car and Deji follows suit before the door is locked automatically.

"Take us back to the hotel." He orders the driver. I fold my arms on my chest, across each other. Right now, I am very angry.

Once we arrive the hotel and the doors are unlocked, I get down the car in a frenzy and immediately take the elevator up.

Deji's incessant calling of my name keeps playing in my head as I make my way to the suite, unlock the door amd move straight to my room, locking myself inside.