Chapter 61: THE ROYAL WEDDING

-No! You can't come in! Are you crazy? I'm haven't put on my dress yet! - Shouted Stacie from behind the door of her guest-chamber.

-You have been in there for a very long time now, Stacie. Are you sure you don't need any assistance? I can have someone come and help you get dressed. - Replied Ivar.

-It's okay, I'm almost done so there's no point. - Reassured him, Stacie.

-If you say so. But if you're not out shortly, I'm coming in. - Said Ivar with a hint of impatience in his voice.

-What's the rush anyway? - Replied Stacie's muffled voice. - I thought Arie's and Assarel's wedding doesn't start until a couple of hours later.

-Breakfast, sweetheart. I don't want you to miss it. Spending too much time on your appearance is hardly worth skipping nourishment.

-Say's the one who hardly ever eats himself. - Returned Stacie. - Okay, I'm done. Just don't laugh, okay? It's the best Alice was able to lend me because we're the closes in size. - Her nervous voice sounded right behind the door.

-Why would I laugh? I'm sure you look more lovely than you give yourself credit for, so just come out already. - Replied Ivar.

The door to her room opened and Stacie slowly emerged from beyond it timidly glancing up at him with a rosy blush on her cheeks. Ivar scanned her from head to toe and smiled.

-I rest my case. You look ravishing, my love.

-I feel so strange wearing this. I hope this is okay to wear to a royal wedding. - She remarked stroking a satin fabric of her dress.

She was wearing a navy blue, tightly fitted knee-length cocktail dress with a bejeweled high scoop of the neck and a chiffon cape draped over its sleeveless shoulders. Her hair was braided and turned into a bohemian side bun with several curled strands framing her very lightly touched up by makeup face. Both of which were the best Stacie could do with her limited skills in special occasion styles. And her only accessories were a diamond stud earrings, her father's bracelet, a small matching the dress clutch and golden high heel sandals, which Alice insisted she wears with that dress. Although Stacie had an extremely difficult time walking in them since she wasn't used to the heels.

-It is perfect. - He said taking her hand. - Now come. My mother is waiting for us in the dining hall.

"Ugh, those shoes..." Stumbled Stacie as Ivar pulled her after himself. "I already feel my feet aching! How am I going to last a whole day in them? I'll have to bear with it. It's not every day I get invited to a royal wedding. This is a small price to pay..."

​​​​​​⚜️

The royal marriage ceremony was unlike anything Stacie had seen before. Although she hasn't been to any of the weddings back at home, she's seen enough in movies and reality TV shows to see just how different it's performed in this part of the world. Satteran marital union ceremonies are short and do not indulge in a grand feast or a wild celebration like they are on Earth. Rather they are more private consisting only of very close friends and family members, intimate and have a very sacred feel to it. A union for life. Satterans only tend to marry someone they formed their unbreakable bond with and stay with that person for the rest of their lives no matter what. Only in high-class society, a marriage union can be formed out of some kind of political gain or convenience, and even that doesn't happen very often. Although that almost was Ivar's fate. Even so, marriage by convenience is far more preferable among the Satteran nobles and elites than marriage outside their race. And so Lord Ivar O'Rell, breaking all their standards, became somewhat of a legend in addition to his well-known name. He became an icon of inspiration and encouragement to the lower classes among whom mixed marriages were more common although shamed and scorned. And an object of either envy or resentment among his own class, for breaking all their standards.