Chapter 35: JUST BREATHE

Stacie timidly hesitated for a moment at the entrance of the lounge, then took a deep breath and walked in.

Ivar noticed her with the corner of his eyes and suddenly turn away from Damaris interrupting her, to look at Stacie, and froze up from the unexpected surprise

Ivar noticed her with the corner of his eyes and suddenly turn away from Damaris interrupting her, to look at Stacie, and froze up from the unexpected surprise. She slowly and timidly approached them. The light fabrics swayed after her like a waterfall, making it seem as if she was floating rather than walking. Her pretty, delicate face framed with tender, white flowers and the blueness of her dress made her eyes seem even bigger and brighter. Ivar stared at her, completely staggered unable to even blink. Her appearance was so unexpectedly beautiful, that he felt a palpitation in his chest.

-Ivar, breathe. - Suddenly he heard a quiet whisper in his ear, which startled him a bit. - My, miss Maclay! What a surprise. That gown really becomes you. - Exclaimed prince Aries with a grin, giving Ivar's shoulder a light pat, as if speaking on his behalf.

Anger welled up inside Damaris, as Stacies's appearance stole his attention from her, and her eyes darkened with silence rage, gleaming at Stacie.

-Thank you, your highness... - She timidly glanced up from under her eyelashes as her cheeks turned rosy, making Ivar's heart thump again. "Gosh... Why does Ivar have to be so hot? I can't bring myself to look at him. Too embarrassed..." She bit her lip, averting her gaze. "I hope he doesn't think I look ridiculous..." - But I feel a little uncomfortable wearing this. I think they went a little overboard, dressing me up. It's a bit too much... - She added.

-Nonsense! - Replied Assarel. - Aries's right, you look absolutely stunning. I think they chose a perfect attire for you. It matches your beautiful eyes.

-Thank you... - Staggered, she stared at Assarel, very flattered to be complemented by this overwhelmingly beautiful lady. - I'm just so not used to wearing anything like this... for me it's mostly casual, working clothes.

-Every lady deserves to be pampered once in a while, so enjoy it miss Maclay. - She stated.

-I agree. - Chimed in Alice. - I, for one, loved it. And they are right, you look gorgeous. Like, drop-dead gorgeous! - She laughed, stroking the skirt of Stacie's gown. - You should wear blue more often!

-Alice! Wow! - Exclaimed Stacie, as if she just noticed her. - So do you! That dress though...

-I know right? It's kind of similar to yours, only the color and the top are a bit different.

-That dress quite suits you as well, miss Park. - Added Assarel. - You both ladies look very lovely in Zhalian ensemble.

-Thank you, Lady Assarel. - Beamed Alice. - Well, we don't get to wear this kind of stuff very often.

-For me, never actually. - Added Stacie.

-What do you mean, never? - Suddenly Alice gave Stacie a quizzical look. - You mean, you've never been to any of the special occasions back home?