Chapter Thirty Five

It had been one week and I hadn't spoken to Jordan. I had tried calling multiple times during the the first couple of days But he had ignored  me at every turn. So now I was past hurt or upset I wasnt even angry. I couldnt blame him. I had lied to try and prevent an issue and made it ten times worse. I felt a calm settle over me as I wondered if I was just meant to be alone. The fact that Jordan wouldn't even let me explain pinched at my heart but I pushed it to the back of my mind determined not to have a ruined sixteenth birthday. I only had a week left. I sighed as I got dressed attempting not to let my nerves show, today was Antons birthday and we were going out for a meal. Part of me wanted to turn down Jordan's brothers invitation but it would be too late notice now. I glanced in the mirror and nodded. My maxi dress was simple and black reflecting my mood and my hair was in a high ponytail. I slipped on my sandals and collected my stuff before traipsing down stairs. I picked up my cardigan off the banister and shouted bye before making my way to the bus stop. I loved these warm summer evenings, My birthday  was literally the best time of the  year. I used the bus journey into town to gear my self up for seeing Jordan and my pep talk still wasn't short enough for the journey.

My hands were hot and clammy and I  felt my face heat as I entered the resteraunt. I spotted the birthday crowd and made my way over subtly searching for him amoungst the twenty five people at the table. My steps almost faltered as I realised he wasn't there. Jordan's mum noticed me and waved me over. "shy hey baby. I'm so glad you came. come and take a seat. it's so good to see you." I said my hellos and got briefly introduced to Antons friends. I gave him a quick hug and his birthday card and gift voucher before taking my seat between Anton and his mum. I didn't mention Jordan's absence all though it was killing me not to but I felt a slight bit of relief that I wouldn't have to torture my self all evening looking at him and not touching. As if god himself was mocking me I looked up from my menu to see him sliding into the seat opposite Anton. His eyes lit up when they noticed me and he drank me in silently. My breath caught in my throat as I watched his beautiful grey eyes roam over my face and down my body until the table prevented him from continuing his appraisal. My face flamed as he licked his lips his eyes on my breasts, it was so intense. His eyes shot back to mine and I saw the need there and desire and something else I wasn't quiet sure of, then it was gone. His poker face came into place and those magical moments I had spent being the centre of his world faded. The whole scene couldn't have been more than thirty seconds long but I was almost panting in my desperation to feel his lips on me. God I was in deep. I felt tears spring to the corner of my eyes and blinked rapidly to prevent embarassing myself. Throughout the meal he didnt really talk and i refused to look at him but I felt his gaze drift over me constantly.

The Chinese buffet meant I had to go up to the various food stations and grab what I wanted which made my legs weak as I felt his eyes on my bum. I noticed a few of Antons friends staring aswell but paid them no mind in my attempt to get through this night. After our second plate the boys started to get louder they had all been drinking and one had even got brave enough to throw a question at me. "so shy how do you know Anton?" he asked and I flamed red as everyone directed their attention to me. " she doesn't" Jordan answered swiftly and my eyes along with everyone else's flew to his face but he kept his face down spearing a piece of chicken on his plate. I stared at my own realising he hadn't said anything about my wasted food even though I had caught him frowning at it moments before. No one questioned him further which I was grateful for. I don't know what I would have done if I had to explain I was Jordan's ex or whatever. Darcy and Mias mum chose that moment to pick the girls up. they were sitting opposite me and mia was struggling to stay awake as she leaned into jordan. once we had said goodbye to the babies I Cleared my throat, lifted my napkin from my lap and stood. " I'm gonna get some dessert" I said to Jordan's mum ignoring the boys ogling my body, including Jordan.